ONSC's Cookin', Grillin', and Bacon thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Life is too short to eat bad food. Hot Pockets included.

Bird parts and veggies in a simple one dish dinner
E41E80B6-5796-429C-8927-4E365F249220.jpeg

Hot cast iron, relax, leave the baked potato out of the mix, take a meat/bourbon induced coma nap.

5634CBDF-3D0D-4D99-BD40-5D9935E5E998.jpeg

834A7CF0-2778-4E24-8D83-28B650052CBC.jpeg

5C2B3EFD-5EA4-434C-ADBB-D06D65EC716C.jpeg

3DB1A268-40C0-4ACD-A9E0-FC5A2327325B.jpeg

Scallops at my mom's house. I remembered to make a pan sauce at the last minute but botched the crap out of it when I found she had put away all my ingredients "...Because it's time to eat." Roasted chicken there, too, on a platter that's older than I am.

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

Lecruset pans for the win!! Nothing sticks to those pans.
Interesting story about those... I got them at Harris Teeter about 10 years ago, only because they had been marked down from something like $40 each to just over $5 each. I bought 8. That's when I learned that the cashier needs manager approval when your VIC savings is over $200 on a single order! I've never seen Le Cruset stuff there since then.

Also, they're the perfect size for the ready-bake lasagna noodles. It's easy now to make whatever kind of lasagna or casserole each person wants. Makes one serving if they're a pig or two if they're not. So, yeah, usually one serving.

They also work great when I freeze the food in them then remove the food to a vac seal bag. The food will fit perfectly back in the dish to be cooked or reheated. No more frozen lasagna falling apart.

Sarah likes her bratwurst just plain boiled, so of course I made these by simmering them, along with the carrots/beans/mushrooms, in the liquid left over from the previous nights braised pork shoulder (whoops, no pics) . Can't say it really did anything for the brats, flavor wise, but that's probably for the better.

IMG_1811.jpg

Dear lord haysus that all looks good @JohnVee ! I'm back on the Keto / Fasting diet, also.

Smoked chuck roast. Also known as the poor man's beef brisket. Really tasty but upset my stomach. This was a USDA Choice cut for dirt cheap. I will splurge next time for Prime if I can find it.

1613149453267.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom