ONSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Waaaaant

Hmm. I need a rust free bed for my 83 Trailblazer but I'm pretty sure the wheel wells are a little different between 2 and 4WD. Plus, if it's pretty nice I'd hate to cut it up.

Hmm. I need a rust free bed for my 83 Trailblazer but I'm pretty sure the wheel wells are a little different between 2 and 4WD. Plus, if it's pretty nice I'd hate to cut it up.
Just means you get to have two! 😂

The 4 wheel drive bed have the small plastic additional fenders bolted to the bed fenders.
1464FF76-50AB-45AA-8204-4F514188122C.jpeg

But honestly I don’t think most people would notice the difference.

I checked craigslist and don't see it there. I don't do facebook. Not sure if my wife will be willing to get the contact info of not!

I checked craigslist and don't see it there. I don't do facebook. Not sure if my wife will be willing to get the contact info of not!
See agreed to send him a message requesting more pics sent to my email. Will see what happens.

WTH is wrong with me…why can’t I pass up other people’s abandoned projects!?! Some people foster dogs. I apparently want to save all the LCs.

D3A1156F-BA6E-419E-B224-339AFA91288D.jpeg

‘94 with 230K miles…runs…only real rust is that corner in the rocker under the rear passenger door. Interior doesn’t smell funky. Cheap.

Last edited:
alrighty then
if you are trying to get your car inspected, turns out Jiffy lube is not doing inspections until 2023
spoke to a guy at a different shop, and the rumor is that they got their inspection license pulled for charging more than they were allowed
lololololol

alrighty then
if you are trying to get your car inspected, turns out Jiffy lube is not doing inspections until 2023
spoke to a guy at a different shop, and the rumor is that they got their inspection license pulled for charging more than they were allowed
lololololol
You are a brave soul. I have only made the misstep of going to Jiffy once. If I only knew.....thankfully better late than never.

One of the (many) Jiffy horror stories: A guy I work with took his CR-V for an oil change. Uneventful. Went home, no splash guard (fake skid plate) was on car. He immediately went back and asked about it. Every employee (including manager) threatened to fight him for asking where it was. Pretty much 10/10.

You are a brave soul. I have only made the misstep of going to Jiffy once. If I only knew.....thankfully better late than never.

One of the (many) Jiffy horror stories: A guy I work with took his CR-V for an oil change. Uneventful. Went home, no splash guard (fake skid plate) was on car. He immediately went back and asked about it. Every employee (including manager) threatened to fight him for asking where it was. Pretty much 10/10.
yeah, I only go there this time of year for inspections, mostly because I am annoyed every other place in town is like "yoU hAvE to MAkE aN aPpOinTmeNt"

yeah, I only go there this time of year for inspections, mostly because I am annoyed every other place in town is like "yoU hAvE to MAkE aN aPpOinTmeNt"
I used to have a place near me who wouldn't exactly need you to....ahem..."make an appointment" too bad he retired, otherwise I'd pass you his info. Good guy.

I made the mistake of going to one for a radiator flush because we preparing to move and the home related to-do list had top priority And I thought I could save time by outsourcing the automotive to-do list. I picked FJ60 up and drove home and the engine temp was spiking fast. Turns out they didn’t replace the coolant they drained. Luckily I was only about a mile away so it didn’t get too hot. I went back in my wife’s car and explained to the manager, very calmly, what happened….I received a vacant blank stare…followed by “I don’t know what we can do about that”. That’s when I lost it. I gave the young tech that made the mistake the good old “knife-hand” and told him to “grab two gallons of coolant and get in the car right now”. I took him to my house and made him finish the service in the driveway, then took him back. I did have a calm talk with him about attention to detail, quality control, and good service…..but yeah, I kind of kidnapped the Jiffy Lube tech because I was pissed.

Since I moved here in 2000, the Grease Monkey place across the street from my work building caused at least two confirmed engine failures, one probable engine failure, two other possible major engine events, and a fuel injection fire on fellow employees' vehicles. The confirmed #1 was no oil drain plug, #2 was 0 oil in the engine. One other made it home after a coolant flush with no coolant (no rad drain petcock in the rad), and no rad cap. Possibles were 3 missing or non installed oil caps (laying on the engine or inner fender, or gone totally). Several others had wiper blades depart, ruining windshields. Someone else had 21 out of 24 studs stripped after a tire rotation.

And the place is still in business, and has a line almost every day....i used them for 2 inspections during that time, and they tried to fail me on the last one because they couldn't get obd 2 on my 4runner; due to my high flow LCE header, magnaflow cat, and dyno max muffler........to which I started tearing them a new one ..it took me pulling up google to show them that a 1988 4runner doesn't have obd2, and besides, it was safety only at that age, regardless of obd status.... dumbassses

Back in Texas, it was a huge pain to get a state inspection done. Since the price is regulated, most shops didn't think it was worth their time and would constantly make up excuses like their computer being down, their licensed tech wasn't in that day, etc. I would sometimes pay for a tire rotation or something minor and then ask them to do the inspection as an add-on, and suddenly the computer was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom