ONSC Chat (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty gorgeous 1UZ conversion on this 94 Truck:

D210EC71-678E-4E31-9C00-4B69E25E9171.jpeg

Random fun with numbers. Turned 333,333 mi last week in the 80. Divided by 27 yrs turns out to be …..

12345.67 miles per year.

View attachment 3174919
Random fun with numbers. Turned 333,333 mi last week in the 80. Divided by 27 yrs turns out to be …..

12345.67 miles per year.
Nice pic!! Took the same pic in my blue suburban back in 2015. Guy I sold it to hit 444,444 in 2020.

Al, if I had to venture a guess I'd say the swap is the biggest factor in it. Not always, but the greater percentage of the time pretty much any vehicle with a well executed swap and the rest of the vehicle in good shape is taking premium money. We've been seeing it for several years in the classic car spectrum as well as LCs in general. The most common thing I hear from prospective customers is they want a cool older vehicle that runs and drives like a new one.

Seen and driven in a lot of yota early pickups and 4runners with a 1uz swap. None came even close to a 35k price tag if doing the swap yourself. 1uzs are dirt cheap and easy to find. Hell even with labor you may just brush up against 35k depending on where it's done (i recently got a quote from a very well known LC shop to do a genIV LS swap on my 80 when I almost bought the motor and trans earlier in the year and it was around 20k for labor) but that doesn't mean the rig is worth that on the resale market. Just like thrown a bunch of parts on a rig doesn't automatically add the price if those parts to a rigs value.
If people want to overspend that's their business and then we get inflated values like LCs have had with all the yuppies getting involved.
35k wtf?? Lol

I loved my 91 4x4 pickup and while the 1uz doesn't have the low-end tq profile that a 4x4 should have I did like the extra power on the hwy the 1uz ones I've driven had. But in terms of vehicles I'd buy for 35k that is very low down on the list.

Seen and driven in a lot of yota early pickups and 4runners with a 1uz swap. None came even close to a 35k price tag if doing the swap yourself. 1uzs are dirt cheap and easy to find. Hell even with labor you may just brush up against 35k depending on where it's done (i recently got a quote from a very well known LC shop to do a genIV LS swap on my 80 when I almost bought the motor and trans earlier in the year and it was around 20k for labor) but that doesn't mean the rig is worth that on the resale market. Just like thrown a bunch of parts on a rig doesn't automatically add the price if those parts to a rigs value.
If people want to overspend that's their business and then we get inflated values like LCs have had with all the yuppies getting involved.
35k wtf?? Lol

I loved my 91 4x4 pickup and while the 1uz doesn't have the low-end tq profile that a 4x4 should have I did like the extra power on the hwy the 1uz ones I've driven had. But in terms of vehicles I'd buy for 35k that is very low down on the list.
Just the times I guess. People are paying $20k for a clean low-mile pickup like that. Swap looks well done, professional receipts, organized info for next owner on wiring, engine management, sound deadened interior, rebuilt trans and t-case with Marlin Crawler parts, 4.88 gears with Eatons, list goes on. Alleged receipts of $20k+ in parts even when the engine was $1200.

Again, I'm not voting with my own wallet, but I can see how the BaT crowd gets to $35k.

Just the times I guess. People are paying $20k for a clean low-mile pickup like that. Swap looks well done, professional receipts, organized info for next owner on wiring, engine management, sound deadened interior, rebuilt trans and t-case with Marlin Crawler parts, 4.88 gears with Eatons, list goes on. Alleged receipts of $20k+ in parts even when the engine was $1200.

Again, I'm not voting with my own wallet, but I can see how the BaT crowd gets to $35k.
Yeah the last part for sure the bringa50%markup.com crowd are to vehicles like oil speculators are to oil prices.

Completely agree with the not my own wallet part. All I said are just my personal feelings. Completely acknowledge others may and do feel different.

Yeah the last part for sure the bringa50%markup.com crowd are to vehicles like oil speculators are to oil prices.

Completely agree with the not my own wallet part. All I said are just my personal feelings. Completely acknowledge others may and do feel different

I've been looking at 100 prices, so I have been "numbed" to inflation and collectors :)

I've been looking at 100 prices, so I have been "numbed" to inflation and collectors :)
Lol been happening long before the current 100 prices. Not surprised at prices asked for stuff just love pointed it out and saying WTF.... lolz

I drive by Road Scholars quite frequently, the thing I am most amazed by is that they drive these 1 of 5 porsches made in 1957 in Durham (around Durham drivers)

Genuinely surprised that they have not had a car totaled by a "regular" Durham driver

They also have an F40 in inventory, wonder if they would let me breathe near it
🤔

Was always curious about Toyota Gibraltar.

• Love
Reactions: HMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom