One final OBA installation Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where did you guys mount your tank pressure guage for your OBA set-up?

pics very helpful
TIA

BB77E390-0868-47E9-9713-5B63945A2829.jpeg
The previous owner cut a hole in the dash to put it in🤷🏽‍♀️ I don’t really recommend it. the hose for the gauge was cut to short and you couldn’t take the dash apart. I got a longer line for it and routing it through all the dash wiring is a nightmare.

Check Wit's End for gauge mounting brackets / locations.

I have joeys OBA panel which is designed to mount on the passenger fender. I am in the process of mounting another one on the ARB so i don't have to lift the hood to see the pressure.
20170603_204602.jpg

Thanks guys....I am planning on routing it somewhere in the driver sight line

Last edited:
Decided to go with hiding the switch and pressure guage in the console. Also will be adding the dual battery Switch to the panel as well.

748EBF0B-52F4-4CE1-8BB8-FA46F1501AF6.jpeg

Curious about why you even care what the system pressure is?

I like having the gauge because vairs pressure regulator switches are kind of sketchy. I asked them a couple months ago what the pressure cut off was and they said “somewhere between 160 and 140 psi.” And I heard that break aaaalllll the time. If it didn’t come with the 80 when I bough it, I would’ve just gotten a puma. Seems much more betterer!

If the pressure relief valve isn't venting, I'm confident all is good. :meh:

All finished
6057577A-00A0-4D64-AAF7-79E919180786.jpeg

2202CF03-C49A-4849-A712-D508A05FDDBF.jpeg

that's nice, but where to you keep your bubblegum, pen and spare napkins?

I use one behind a regulator for monitoring locker air pressure. Theoretically though, once it is set it's not needed provided that the regulator doesn't break...

I ran a viar and now a pacbrake, wouldn’t go back, though the viair looked fancy they are junk if you wear out a piston seal. They’re replacement parts are costly, and they won’t sell things like Teflon piston rings without also selling pistons and assemblies that cost almost what a New compressor would.

just get a proper pressure switch and run it through the relay ground and be done with it. You certainly shouldn’t need a regulator for filling tires, get a chuck with the gauge on it, get an air tank that has a bit of capacity and you’ll fill tires quickly if you keep it aired up.
I think I just about filled 3 tires with my pacbrake to the one filled up with a smittybuilt the other weekend.
If you think you need a regulator you can put it downstream where it will restrict flow less. Also not sure why you would mount the switch and gauge under hood. I’d just mount a switch in the cab.

having said that, I use mine a ton as I need iffor the airbags, so every time I drive it. Lower it to fit in the garage...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom