Builds Oman -> SoCal 1995 FZJ75 Troopy (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I tried this by tapping into one of the reverse lights in the back, didn’t work. Probably something to do with the reverse polarity thing 🤷‍♂️ haven’t tried anymore 🤣
Well there goes COA 1!

Got my buddy in Australia to mail me one of these Dometic center console fridges.

What's the best way to mount this between 2 Scheelman seats?

IMG_7529.jpeg

IMG_7530.jpeg

I don't think I would put screws through the cooler unless you want it to leak. Of course maybe I'm not understanding what @BarnFab means when he says "base". Looks like this model is meant to be portable:

Was able to get out to Anza Borego State Park this weekend with some friends from my local clubhouse.

Troopy did really well, need to get a compressor and radio worked out. Anyone have any recommendations?

IMG_7536.jpeg

IMG_7537.jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7541.jpeg

IMG_7540.jpeg

The vanity plate has finally arrived!

Now to figure out how to mount it on my Kaymar swing out. Anyone have an elegant solution?

I *believe* it is a requirement to have your license plate illuminated in the dark, but I have been wrong before.

IMG_7543.jpeg

ARB Twins are what I have used on everything for the last few years and never had an issue or questioned that decision .

Comms wise we use Rugged Radios and they give us good deals and have everything in stock and add our custom channels

The vanity plate has finally arrived!

Now to figure out how to mount it on my Kaymar swing out. Anyone have an elegant solution?

I *believe* it is a requirement to have your license plate illuminated in the dark, but I have been wrong before.

Not that it isn't and they could be more strict down there but I've had mine on my 4x4 labs swingout with no light for 5 years or so no issues.

Mounted my new plate. I had ordered a new rear door light "thing" before I had added the Kaymar rear bar.

So I decided to use it and attach it to my rear swing out. Used another piece of steel to mount them as a unit on the Kaymar rear plate light mount.

Still need to wire it in, does anyone have any elegant solutions for running this wiring on a swing out?

IMG_7566.jpeg

Mounted my new plate. I had ordered a new rear door light "thing" before I had added the Kaymar rear bar.

So I decided to use it and attach it to my rear swing out. Used another piece of steel to mount them as a unit on the Kaymar rear plate light mount.

Still need to wire it in, does anyone have any elegant solutions for running this wiring on a swing out?

View attachment 3612669
If you route the wiring to the swing out spindle and then between the bumper and body you can access the harness plug underneath the truck that ties into the tail lights, turn signals etc. Or you can go through the back side of LHS rear quarter panel and tie into the wiring harness.

This shows the plug and the grommet where the harness goes into the rear quarter panel:

Shoot me a PM if you can't decipher my early morning, jet-lagged gibberish

Ordered an Eaton E-locker today, part# 14212-1. I'm looking to integrate this into my dash on my troopy using the OEM switch. Since I'm only planning to get a rear locker I'm ordering part number #84725-60030 (photo #1).

Does anyone know the plug part number that goes into the back of this knob? Also the electrical wire leads that will fit into it?

Rear diff OEM lock.jpg

Ordered an Eaton E-locker today, part# 14212-1. I'm looking to integrate this into my dash on my troopy using the OEM switch. Since I'm only planning to get a rear locker I'm ordering part number #84725-60030 (photo #1).

Does anyone know the plug part number that goes into the back of this knob? Also the electrical wire leads that will fit into it?

View attachment 3615966

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom