Oil all over engine compartment of '93 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We would probably trade for any Land Cruiser with the back sliding windows. It would not have to be pretty.
0929181712-1-1.jpg

only skimmed but saw "cracked block" .

I had a truck brought to me with a similar issue and it was the head Gasket.

The head gets pressurized oil from the gauge area which passes through the block into the head just behind the thermostat area.

The head gasket has a rubber seal for this passage and it had failed.

Look closely in that area below and at the front of the exhaust manifold.

take some pics and I'll look for them to comment.

Edited for spelling and other confusing text.

Last edited:
I'm willing to consider that. Any suggestions about how to get our truck to you?
I just plunked in a quote from Skagit Valley WA to Olathe KS to ship the disabled truck and they came back with $1500. Not bad at all for the price of two, running and driving used cars that you could drive next week.

This was with Montway Auto Transport | Fast & Reliable Nationwide Auto Transporter which was the first shipper that responded via chat.

Here is Martin's email address martin.tsvetkov@montway.com

Last edited:
We would probably trade for any Land Cruiser with the back sliding windows. It would not have to be pretty.View attachment 1994615
That will be a tall order unless you want to break out the Benjamins. If you really just need a car to get you from A to B until you can figure out your next LC, I would consider @BILT4ME 's offer. He can save a nice Cruiser and you'll be able to get your family around and you'll have a back up for your back up, which is always nice when you are broke. :)

Those T&C Chrysler minivans are begrudgingly robust and the Jeep isn't a bad unit either. I mean, for $1500, what else can you expect?

There is a main oil galley plug, low, passenger side, front of the block, at the edge of the timing cover. A couple have blown out.
I am still trying to figure out why there was a second oil leak. The shop that did the valve cover seal said that the reason that the seal blew out was because there was a clogged PVC valve. Could the PVC valve also have caused the oil Galley plug to blow out? What would cause an oil Galley plug to blow out in general? The original shop is going to look at it again today or tomorrow and I want to make sure that I ask them the right questions. Thanks!

Last edited:
Call TorFab, the end.

0718181056-3(1)-1.jpg

This picture is from last summer. I was putting together some pictures to post this for sale and I noticed that the half moons look the same. The work there would have been done in 2012 by a different shop.

Sorry to hear, if you don't need a vehicle right away or can buy another one and hold onto this one, it's totally worth waiting it out and getting a replacement engine. If anything, I'd say buy another 80 and have fun. I was without an 80 for years after I totalled my previous '96 FZJ80 and all I did was drool over ads for another one. When my Subaru was rear ended and totalled by another driver, I was on the search for yet another vehicle again. My wife told me to "just find another Land Cruiser, you know that's what you want anyways". I spent months looking for the right replacement rig, looking at Ford pickups and such. In the end, I came across a straight not rust bucket '96 at the same time (hour) I was about to buy a Ford pickup. I called the guy, we met and within days it was in my driveway. It needs a lot of love, but I have a lot of love to give to an 80 series. I love these rigs, absolutely my favorite vehicle ever. I wanted one for the longest time, even have a photo of one that looks like my current one from when it was new on the Toyota lot back in '96. I literally took a photo of one at a dealership back in the 90s because I just thought it was cool back then. It's worth the effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom