Official Keystone RC thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snow wheeling is fun with these crawlers for sure! Is that a honcho in the video? I have mine super dialed in it’s a solid little rig very happy with it.

Sunday funday.

I present to you the AWD Toyota Soarer

Was going to run it at the breakfast but it was a bit chilly.
Mounts for the body aren't the greatest but I didn't want to invest to much in this build.
It was fun to get my hands back into the RC world, and with the Hobby Town 5 minutes away I am sure I will end up with a new toy to build up.

I present to you the AWD Toyota Soarer

Was going to run it at the breakfast but it was a bit chilly.
Mounts for the body aren't the greatest but I didn't want to invest to much in this build.
It was fun to get my hands back into the RC world, and with the Hobby Town 5 minutes away I am sure I will end up with a new toy to build up.
Is this the vintage one you've been fixing up?

Is this the vintage one you've been fixing up?

Yup that is the Dirt Thrasher I have been fixing up.
I got a different drive gear and put some bigger tires on it so it still goes pretty quick. I might get a brush-less motor for it, I have plenty of forward, but the ESC doesn't give me much of a reverse.
Andy found me the shell so I bought it as homage to what I want the SC400 in the drive way to look like lol!

It's fun and served its purpose of getting me back into the hobby, but I'd like to graduate to the big time guy, I will eventually like to get the Traxxs most of you have acquired.

I'll tell you, the Axial SCX10 II Trail Honcho that Theo and I think @surfishjoe may have also, out crawls the trx4 easy. BIG tires tho, but still.... $329

I'd like to try one of the Cross RC crawlers too.

The builders kits look like a fun way to build a rig. I love JJ's Trail Honcho it has been holding up great to regular beatings. I changed out some parts and tricked it out which is half the fun.

Picked up this little guy recently.

Team Associated, 1/12, ready to run out of the box for $200 shipped.

It’s okay, but I’m spoiled from playing with the 1/10 rigs!

Just found this thread after posting in the CLCC section...

Im looking at the HPI venture... it looks pretty great compared to the Tamiya CC01 chassis FJ40.

Im open to ideas for a first light build or a prebuilt that will come in at under 5 bens for all in with battery, radio and servos.

Im looking at the HPI venture... it looks pretty great compared to the Tamiya CC01 chassis FJ40.

Im open to ideas for a first light build or a prebuilt that will come in at under 5 bens for all in with battery, radio and servos.

I don't know much but the battery and charger could go for 100

I posted in the CLCC page. The HPI is just like the Red Cat E10. You can start the hobby cheap. And upgrade as you need to. And you will need to upgrade.
Here is my list 1st new motor. 2nd lipo batteries. 3rd Drive shafts. 4th New servos. 5th remote for rear steering,

I posted in the CLCC page. The HPI is just like the Red Cat E10. You can start the hobby cheap. And upgrade as you need to. And you will need to upgrade.
Here is my list 1st new motor. 2nd lipo batteries. 3rd Drive shafts. 4th New servos. 5th remote for rear steering,
Great. Thanks for the list

here's an interesting option:
RGT Electric Rc Model Car 1/10 Scale 4wd Off Road RTR Rock Crawler Monster Truck 611550920290 | eBay

I nearly bought one. I ordered it and it was out of stock. Eventually I had my money refunded.

I think the SCX 10 II trail honcho is a good value in an entry level rc crawler. There is big aftermarket support for these rigs.
Also, check out CL for local used rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom