Official July Club Run! This weekend July 15 Coruthers Lake Trail (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Friends we have a good one this weekend. I am going to leave the details to A. A. Ron. @ttFJC below but we've been craving an actual off-road trail since we do so much "overlanding" in Montana. We have found a sweet trail that should be new to almost everyone, and should hone your offroad skills without it being a truck buster.

Coruthers Lake Trail...

Looks like we will post up for camping Friday night for those who wish to attend and then hit the trail Saturday morning. It is a bit of a haul from Bozeman but nothing we haven't done already this summer. There is an amzing lake if the group reaches the top!

Pics from July 14th last summer up there.
IMG_8148.jpeg
IMG_8150.jpeg

@Bowser if you have a link to a GPS track you could send that would be greatly appreciated. i know its on OnX but im one of the last Gaia holdouts

This is what I’m going off of at this point. For anyone interested. And I have a couple of friends that have been up there in the past

I’ll have to see if I saved any data. Normally I run Gia and onx simultaneously so should have a track.

I was up there twice last summer. There is a large area to camp not far after getting into federal lands up on the right of the road. It’s a big open meadow with area to tuck into the trees. Off the road far enough no road traffic is visible.

I’ll have to see if I saved any data. Normally I run Gia and onx simultaneously so should have a track.

I was up there twice last summer. There is a large area to camp not far after getting into federal lands up on the right of the road. It’s a big open meadow with area to tuck into the trees. Off the road far enough no road traffic is visible.
good to know. Thanks for the intel

Looks like a fun trail, I’m in.
Found this vid of the trail from couple years ago:

Last edited:
So I'm still in the planning stage but for those of you that have committed or interested the tentative plan is for me, Meet up and leave the Belgrade Albertsons at 6. Ill be there a bit early topping off fuel and getting groceries.

the start of the road is approximately two hours away.

This will put us there at 8pm, to start looking for a camping spot. I am told that it shouldn't be hard to find a decent spot for a couple of cruisers to park.

Saturday, i can track back to the coordinates :
46°17'26.7"N 112°49'28.9"W OR 46.290738, -112.824681
(start of the road)
I was thinking getting a fairly early start at 10 AM would be smart and allow for enough time to have people drive from Bozeman on Saturday morning.

I have never done this trail, and I wont have any chance to rerun it. I'm told its not that bad. but I also drive a 3x 80 series on 35s. ill have all the recovery gear and i promise YOU will make it home, cant say the same about your cruiser ;)

Please be sure to Let me know before you show up and what you drive if I don't know already, so we can make sure no one is getting in over their head.

The good news is that this is an in and back out the same way trail so if it gets to be to much you can turn around or park it and hop in and ride with someone.

For Saturday night, I would like to possibly camp by the lake, but we will see.. The bugs have been almost unbearable this season so everyone don't forget to bring bug spray.

People could take off and head back on Saturday night if they so choose but I don't plan on it. Its gonna be a bit of playing it by ear, not sure what exactly is gonna happen. But that's what makes it FUN!

I don't feel like this is a long trail that is totally possible to be an in and out in one long day but I cant say for certain. Also is gonna be dependent on traffic, but I feel like this one is a bit out of the way for crowds.

Attending:
@Saul Abel
@geo5 sat morning
@CCRider - Friday

MAYBE
@REZARF - IF HE CAN FIX HIS CRUZAH

Last edited:
Looks like a fun trail, I’m in.
Found this vid of the trail from couple years ago:

I'd forgot about that video, that was a freaky deal when his fuel line got taken out by a stick. you shouldn't have much trouble, it's a fun trail and the main challenge is the last hill before the lake. on a side note blue lake is open, there's a go around the bridge that washed out

I'd forgot about that video, that was a freaky deal when his fuel line got taken out by a stick. you shouldn't have much trouble, it's a fun trail and the main challenge is the last hill before the lake. on a side note blue lake is open, there's a go around the bridge that washed out
yeah ive been told about the hill. shouldnt be too bad.

and now this means I think that blue lake is next weekend. how bad is the bypass for blue lake. asking for my rover friend

yeah ive been told about the hill. shouldnt be too bad.

and now this means I think that blue lake is next weekend. how bad is the bypass for blue lake. asking for my rover friend
from what i read on facebook it's not to bad. Magic city went there last weekend i believe it was. Also it sounds like repair of the lower road to the morrison might begin next year! take bug spray

from what i read on facebook it's not to bad. Magic city went there last weekend i believe it was. Also it sounds like repair of the lower road to the morrison might begin next year! take bug spray
i was going to try and do a cooke city and morrison trip later early AUG. does this mean the morrison is currently impassable?

i was going to try and do a cooke city and morrison trip later early AUG. does this mean the morrison is currently impassable?
correct, allegedly the road along the river is mostly washed out and the switchbacks need some major work. there was a lot of speculation that it was going to be shutdown permantly due to the wild and scenic designation of the river but now it sounds like it's going to get opened up eventually again. you can go from the beartooth highway to the top of the switchbacks. was someone just killed on daisy pass recently? thought i heard that they were driving over a drift and slid off it and rolled. anymore that could have been something i heard 20 years ago and just remembered it lol.

Looks like a fun run, to the south is Racetrack cabin and that is a awesome spot to spend the night. The trail from the west of Racetrack is also pretty sweet to hit.

Wishing I didn’t plan an alignment on Saturday, looks like a fun trail. Hoping I can catch the next one
what's an alignment do. asking for a fren.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom