August Official Club Run to Blue Lake (Aug 12th) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Both weekends I've been up there, it's pretty busy, likely you will be driving maybe 5-10 miles past natural bridge, last time I went and camped Friday night I stayed at Hicks Park, which is 20 miles from natural bridge. Hicks Park was pretty full only a handful of empty spots if that and this was around 8pm on a Friday. if you don't want to backtrack I might recommend West boulder campground which is a 6-mile detour off of Swingley and 22 miles/47min from natural bridge but you won't be backtracking. If we were meeting at Box Canyon it would open up more options for camping, but I would recommend pushing the start time back by an hour so those coming Saturday morning will make it. This chops out a bunch of the pothole-littered dirt/gravel road. Im 90% sure Im coming Saturday morning but Ill post up if I decide to pull up to camp

I can be at in the area at around 4pm Friday and stake some claims. Anyone sooner than that?

Last edited:
Both weekends I've been up there, it's pretty busy, likely you will be driving maybe 5-10 miles past natural bridge, last time I went and camped Friday night I stayed at Hicks Park, which is 20 miles from natural bridge. Hicks Park was pretty full only a handful of empty spots if that and this was around 8pm on a Friday. if you don't want to backtrack I might recommend West boulder campground which is a 6-mile detour off of Swingley and 22 miles/47min from natural bridge but you won't be backtracking. If we were meeting at Box Canyon it would open up more options for camping, but I would recommend pushing the start time back by an hour so those coming Saturday morning will make it. This chops out a bunch of the pothole-littered dirt/gravel road. Im 90% sure Im coming Saturday morning but Ill post up if I decide to pull up to camp
Let's keep Saturday morning meetup place and time as per first thread post.
Friday night camping location is fluid and yet TBD.

i followed a trailer up there once. one of those off roady thingys. we had to winch it a couple times to correct the angle on the dangle. it was dragging boulders for a bit too.

i dont like trailers unless they carryn all the beirs

I think I’m in last minute for this one. I’m in Livingston and will probably be heading out tonight just not sure when. I’ll just keep an eye out for anyone

I'll be on HAM and Ch. 15. Leaving in about an hour.

For camping spot tonight:
@406Camper is gonna scout out spots that can accommodate the group. We'll post up coordinates here hopefully later this afternoon, as long as there's reception. Otherwise just reach out on the radio to find him. It'll be like a scavenger hunt. :cool:

We are a last minute add. Plan on meeting at Natural Bridges Sat. morning and camping at Blue Lake.

This Mark Talla BTW.

Last edited:
Just topped off in Big Timber. Heading to East Boulder Campground.

Elk Creek Dispersed camping is on private land.

Last edited:
I would not recommend a trailer to blue lake. If it is a compact military m416 style it is doable, this is not a camper friendly trail.

Unfortunately, I'm out. I have a couple rentals going out Sunday morning. :frown:

thanks to everyone that came out. I had a great time but only took a handful of pictures. Here are a few to get it going

IMG_3829.jpeg

IMG_3838.jpeg

IMG_3849.jpeg

IMG_3877.jpeg

Here are a few pics... So it happened. I'll download the rest later.

PXL_20230812_204849619.jpg

PXL_20230812_185617424.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom