After hours + weekend runs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you make it to the wilderness boundary? There’s better spots to stay the night up top trust me
I made it all the way up to the lake. Didn’t seem like a ton of spots to me, there were a couple offshoot roads I should have checked out but I was kinda in a crunch for time. Had to be back in Bozeman same day.

this one takes a long time. the time i remember doing it as fast as possible we left Bozeman at 5 and didn't stop until independence at midnight, that's not even the whole way and it was dark so we were moving.

How long does this take to run? Average pave stopping ftp smell the flowers?
I didn’t really stop much at all, stayed at the lake for maybe an hour. I left Bozeman around 9am got to the main trailhead by noon with stopping to top off gas in Livingston and grab coffee. Made it to the top by 3, made it to the bottom by 6:30ish in Livingston by 7. But I didn’t stop as much as I think we would as a group, I was really just out there to see how doable it is.

Also I took swingley instead of going to big timber. I would recommend that route

I didn’t really stop much at all, stayed at the lake for maybe an hour. I left Bozeman around 9am got to the main trailhead by noon with stopping to top off gas in Livingston and grab coffee. Made it to the top by 3, made it to the bottom by 6:30ish in Livingston by 7. But I didn’t stop as much as I think we would as a group, I was really just out there to see how doable it is.

Good info to have. I’m sure if we ran it while we are up there we would stop and gaze some.

Thank you

Good info to have. I’m sure if we ran it while we are up there we would stop and gaze some.

Thank you
Yea I would like to stop at more of the old mining buildings and explore them as well as I’m sure we will have a couple of spots to help people get through. Or some good photo spots.

typically when we run it and the bridge isnt out, we will leave outta bozeman early early. like 7 or 8. we make the lake at the end by afternoon and people hang out for a while do whatever they want. we backtrack a ways and find a nice spot twords the top and camp for the night. Sunday people can head out whenever they want to and be back by mid afternoon. Its a long haul into the trailhead on horrible washboards. And depending on timing there will be a ton of people on horses.

AND you have to stop and get a beer from the crazy lady at the Road Kill Bar. that lady that runs it is a character and its a pretty decent burger. But sorry Dads because the bar is 18+ no exceptions, she doesn't take kindly to children.

Oh and dont forget to stop at the natural bridge spot. ITs a decent spot to let the air out of the tires, if its not completely overrun with CA an TX plates.

I had planned on running it this upcoming weekend but I'm going rockhounding instead.

Last edited:
typically when we run it and the bridge isnt out, we will leave outta bozeman early early. like 7 or 8. we make the lake at the end my afternoon and people hang out for a while do whatever they want. we backtrack a ways and find a nice spot twords the top and camp for the night. Sunday people can head out whenever they want to and be back by mid afternoon. Its a long haul into the trailhead on horrible washboards. And depending on timing there will be a ton of people on horses.

AND you have to stop and get a beer from the crazy lady at the Road Kill Bar. that lady that runs it is a character and its a pretty decent burger. But sorry Dads because the bar is 18+ no exceptions, she doesn't take kindly to children.

Oh and dont forget to stop at the natural bridge spot. ITs a decent spot to let the air out of the tires, if its not completely overrun with CA an TX plates.

I had planned on running it this upcoming weekend but I'm going rockhounding instead.
Thanks for the info, I’ll look at how it may change the plans on the main post during lunch. Bummer you can’t make it, maybe the next one

FYI, tons of road construction between Mammoth Hot Springs and Cooke City this summer. Plan for a couple extra hours if you're headed that way for Goose Lake run.
but at least this means the road exists again

Looking forward to getting the cruiser dirty again!
Still on @EthanR ?

Wednesday 7/26/23 @ 6/6:30pm @ 45.53725, -111.16124 - Little Bear/Wilson creek to Storm Castle then down Mica Mine and out from Storm Castle

Looking forward to getting the cruiser dirty again!
Still on @EthanR ?

Wednesday 7/26/23 @ 6/6:30pm @ 45.53725, -111.16124 - Little Bear/Wilson creek to Storm Castle then down Mica Mine and out from Storm Castle
Yea definitely! Hopefully we don’t end up behind a closed gate again lol

Yea definitely! Hopefully we don’t end up behind a closed gate again lol
you can look it up on the forest service use maps. Last round is july 31 IRRC so its a possiblilty

Little Bear road trip tonight, I'll be there by 6:00.

Thanks for joining me along tonight’s trail ride @geo5 @4gotalot, glad you could make it. So much to explore in that area. Looking forward to blue lake this weekend, if anyone’s planning on joining me lmk.
IMG_2213.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom