Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Feels like a well planned product 😃
582A9716-78D4-4C50-8E24-8AB106C26033.jpeg

1594748160396.png

Same with off-road.

Not necessarily true. I know several people who have had off road damage covered by insurance, and it usually comes down to how "off road" is defined. If you're on a recognized county "road" even if it's a legit trail, you're usually covered. I know of 2 hydrolocked engines that were covered by insurance covered this way - one was me in my own vehicle, and one happened in front of me during 2 separate occasions. I don't think insurance companies are ever amenable to cover closed course sanctioned racing events however unless that specific type of coverage is acquired separately.

Do you see what I see?

I watched a number of offroad videos of the Bronco put out by Ford...and in ever single video, the Bronco appears to be VERY BOUNCY—like the suspension is faili g to suppress rebound...badly.

Stuck out like a sore thumb to my crappy eyes that are good at movement, crappy for details.

Maybe they’ll adjust that...

Last edited:
Probably about as well as the conversation after this wreck:

Short version: not covered.

When I go to the track I buy specific track insurance. If he has it, he's covered. Probably about $750 to cover that GT3 for a full weekend. I think it was $550 to cover my ZL1 the last time for a full weekend at Road Atlanta. Worth every penny just for the peace of mind.

Raptor guy: definitely not covered LOL. :alien:

When I go to the track I buy specific track insurance. If he has it, he's covered. Probably about $750 to cover that GT3 for a full weekend. I think it was $550 to cover my ZL1 the last time for a full weekend at Road Atlanta. Worth every penny just for the peace of mind.

Raptor guy: definitely not covered LOL. :alien:
ZL1s love Road Atlanta, those cars are fantastic... Gobs of power and grip. I'm with you, track insurance every time... Even if you do everything right/within your limits, you gotta protect yourself from other's mishaps and getting collected.

Who do you run with there? I go with Chin for the most part. Love me some Road A

ZL1s love Road Atlanta, those cars are fantastic... Gobs of power and grip. I'm with you, track insurance every time... Even if you do everything right/within your limits, you gotta protect yourself from other's mishaps and getting collected.

Who do you run with there? I go with Chin for the most part. Love me some Road A
Ditto on Road Atl love. We hit up the Mitty and HSR every year until life and kids got in the way. My boys are about old enough to go so hopefully soon.

Congrats! 2 or 4 door?

Thanks! Feels nice to buy something new, haven’t in quite some time.

to answer your question: 4 door the wildtrak. V6 with the 35s basically.

Run with jZilla at Road Atlanta. Would like to run it once or twice more and *maybe* move on to a C8. I took a gamble on the ZL1 as I’m historically a P-Car guy. It’s been an amazing car and you are right it is built for road Atlanta. I never would’ve thought Chevy could build a car that good honestly.

Haters gonna hate.

Not a Ford/Big 3 guy. Never have been and never will be.

Gotta give it to Ford’s marketing and development teams though. That’s gonna sell like hot cakes to the uneducated masses. They’re in it to make money. Which they will.

If I was looking for a beach cruiser to keep at a vacation home for local trips only, That’d be pretty high up the list.

Haters gonna hate.

Not a Ford/Big 3 guy. Never have been and never will be.

Gotta give it to Ford’s marketing and development teams though. That’s gonna sell like hot cakes to the uneducated masses. They’re in it to make money. Which they will.

If I was looking for a beach cruiser to keep at a vacation home for local trips only, That’d be pretty high up the list.

I honestly think they’ve created a really cool product. I like it. The only bummer is that under the hood, it’s a Ford. To me, reliability is basically everything and Ford just doesn’t breed confidence.

If Toyota came out with this same setup and option availability...but with Toyota’s unmatched reliability under the body panels? I would very possibly see one in my future.
-But they didn’t...so I don’t.

I honestly think they’ve created a really cool product. I like it. The only bummer is that under the hood, it’s a Ford. To me, reliability is basically everything and Ford just doesn’t breed confidence.

If Toyota came out with this same setup and option availability...but with Toyota’s unmatched reliability under the body panels? I would very possibly see one in my future.
-But they didn’t...so I don’t.

Exactly.

Just read the Bronco will have some sort of off-road mapping usable on- or off-line. Sharable too (I'd guess with other Bronco owners).

Someone had posted about looking for a spare Rock warrior wheel. There's someone in the classifieds selling Rock Warriors for spares
Just trying to help whoever it was in case you hadn't seen it

Gauging interest...

I’m around 200s regularly, nothing special about that.

But I’m in a position where I don’t have to get a cruiser in, done, and out to get another one in to keep money coming in. I can slowly work on things, and investigate and fix other things I find. That has lead me to some interesting things I find.

My question, would it be a good idea to post about the mostly negative things I see on a 200 itself (not aftermarket parts of vendors here), but trying to stay on maintenance and durability items.

Or, should I just keep my mouth shut like I’ve been doing. The problem with saying something doesn’t work well, is people get really emotional about it. And I don’t want to fight anymore, but I also like to not waste time and money, so I appreciate when other people share. I’ve never been about fighting online, I’m more of let’s talk it out face to face kinda guy.

Anyway, bad idea for a dedicated thread?

Gauging interest...

I’m around 200s regularly, nothing special about that.

But I’m in a position where I don’t have to get a cruiser in, done, and out to get another one in to keep money coming in. I can slowly work on things, and investigate and fix other things I find. That has lead me to some interesting things I find.

My question, would it be a good idea to post about the mostly negative things I see on a 200 itself (not aftermarket parts of vendors here), but trying to stay on maintenance and durability items.

Or, should I just keep my mouth shut like I’ve been doing. The problem with saying something doesn’t work well, is people get really emotional about it. And I don’t want to fight anymore, but I also like to not waste time and money, so I appreciate when other people share. I’ve never been about fighting online, I’m more of let’s talk it out face to face kinda guy.

Anyway, bad idea for a dedicated thread?

Do it. I’m fascinated with what works and what doesn’t on these vehicles. Also what to look out for etc. @cruiseroutfit does a good job of keeping us in the loop with how Monica holds up. Would be good to hear your prospective as well.....

So - whatcha got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom