Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I reached out to Hypertech this morning about their Inline Speedometer Correction for the 200-series. The gentleman I spoke with indicated they’ve not looked into it because the demand isn’t there, and my request was the first he’s heard for the Land Cruiser. He also indicated it was hard for them to get their hands on 200-series platforms in the Bartlett, TN area.

When asked what it would take to demonstrate the demand for the product, he said the best thing to do is call in and place a product request form. He took my name, vehicle information and phone number.

If this is something the greater community wants to chip in and facilitate, give them a call at 901-382-8888.

I reached out to Hypertech this morning about their Inline Speedometer Correction for the 200-series. The gentleman I spoke with indicated they’ve not looked into it because the demand isn’t there, and my request was the first he’s heard for the Land Cruiser. He also indicated it was hard for them to get their hands on 200-series platforms in the Bartlett, TN area.

When asked what it would take to demonstrate the demand for the product, he said the best thing to do is call in and place a product request form. He took my name, vehicle information and phone number.

If this is something the greater community wants to chip in and facilitate, give them a call at 901-382-8888.
At first I was like, "TN, that's right next door to me." Then I saw they are on the west side of TN and that is 600 miles away.

I'll at least give them a call to get them more open to creating one. I'd love to adjust the speedo for large tires.

At first I was like, "TN, that's right next door to me." Then I saw they are on the west side of TN and that is 600 miles away.

I'll at least give them a call to get them more open to creating one. I'd love to adjust the speedo for large tires.
It would be great to have a plug and play option. There’s two options I’ve found out of Australia, one sold my Mark’s and one by Superior. They both require cut and soldering. Not a show-stopper, but Hypertech is closer than they think. One of our members here have modified the Tundra Hypertech to suit the 200-series, major difference being the harness. Only 4 wires require alteration of the CANBUS signal while the other 36, IIRC, pass through.

2008 570 here, cannot seem to get the seat memory buttons to work, is this common, or am I doing it wrong? New to the 200/luxury scene to be fair coming from an 06 mountaineer lol

Does anyone know the specs for the factory compression and rebound shim stacks on the King Shocks 2.5 OEM Kit?

I am going to revalve, and would like to sprinkle in a little bit of knowledge before I go full Kentucky windage. My current plan is .018c (.008 flutter)/.012r.

It would be great to have a plug and play option. There’s two options I’ve found out of Australia, one sold my Mark’s and one by Superior. They both require cut and soldering. Not a show-stopper, but Hypertech is closer than they think. One of our members here have modified the Tundra Hypertech to suit the 200-series, major difference being the harness. Only 4 wires require alteration of the CANBUS signal while the other 36, IIRC, pass through.

I did a short right up earlier. The hypertech has worked very well for me. Speedo and odometer is spot on w/ 295/70R18s. But if it was 100% plug and play then, yes that be an even easier/faster install. Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator Install

Just reserved a Bronco. Great way to pass time waiting for the 300.

The turbo V6/4.97 gears and 35s from the factory sold me on the Bronco.

I hope for your sake is is more reliable and durable than every other Ford I've owned.

" It’s a five-passenger unibody design with key chassis parts—strut-type front suspension, semi-trailing-arm independent rear suspension, a coil spring at each corner—shared with the Ford Escape."

(bold added by me for emphasis)

Isn't that sort of like "New Land Crusier 300, with powerful offroad suspension shared with the Highlander." hehehe. :rofl:

Last edited:
I hope for your sake is is more reliable and durable than every other Ford I've owned.

" It’s a five-passenger unibody design with key chassis parts—strut-type front suspension, semi-trailing-arm independent rear suspension, a coil spring at each corner—shared with the Ford Escape."

(bold added by me for emphasis)

Isn't that sort of like "New Land Crusier 300, with powerful offroad suspension shared with the Highlander." hehehe. :rofl:

Just to be clear, what you have quoted is about the Bronco SPORT, not the Bronco. They are two completely different vehicles. The Bronco is a body-on-frame, solid-rear-axle vehicle (just like the 200). It has a fully-boxed frame that is likely related to the upcoming redesigned Ford Ranger:

mjd7ppkug5p4ylvh0k1h.png

Bronco:

y3twfcctqim2ayjm0edw.jpg

Bronco SPORT:

gv38ausoo0iv31lnaae5.jpg

The Bronco is designed for heavy off-roading. The Bronco SPORT is not.

These things are off-road monsters. The video clip they have of the sway bar detaching with the push of a button is pretty cool.

Question is how long will these things last, especially if you keep rock crawling at 100 mph as in these videos.

I'm liking the Bronco release and it's a fresh and smart product that will move the segment forward.

I don't consider it a LC or 300-series full size ute competitor. It's in the welterweight and middleweight class with the wrangler, 4runner, etc.

Frolicking in the rocks

Meh, that’s a early gen... they’ve made huge leaps in the suspensions ability since then.

Real talk, how’s that conversation go with your insurance?

Probably about as well as the conversation after this wreck:

Short version: not covered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom