Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The “worst” is subjective...but in my book, the winner goes to this one...
...But mainly because the poor ignorant dude insists that what he just did is... “what you do...you just go.” lol

Camera guy disagrees... :hillbilly:
**Turn up volume for full conversation...**

That pretty much went exactly as expected lmao! At first when I saw what you posted and your comment, I thought the truck was going to come off the hill and drive over the Ferd. Then when I started watching the video and didn't hear the kid tell the driver of the Dodge to just go before pulling, I had a feeling the Ranger was going to rip the front apart. I'm still scratching my head with why the kid didn't turn the Ranger around and pull in Drive..

That pretty much went exactly as expected lmao! At first when I saw what you posted and your comment, I thought the truck was going to come off the hill and drive over the Ferd. Then when I started watching the video and didn't hear the kid tell the driver of the Dodge to just go before pulling, I had a feeling the Ranger was going to rip the front apart. I'm still scratching my head with why the kid didn't turn the Ranger around and pull in Drive..

Ya, his list of problems is long... ;)

-Not the least of which is...
...that’s a TOW strap...not a recovery (kinetic...stretchable) strap. Almost always gonna do damage if you yank hard on a tow strap that isn’t designed to stretch/spring...never mind that he floored it, lol.

-Then there’s his goofy anchor point, lack of communication or plan...not to mention the real possibility that he could have rammed someone behind him... The list goes on. :)

There are zillions of ridiculous recoveries on youtube... This is just a personal favorite. ;) They’re all painful to watch...

E6E47825-A988-488B-B02B-5C92CDC0AAA9.jpeg
1B80E484-F05E-46AC-A93E-09FCA8CBB822.jpeg

The “worst” is subjective...but in my book, the winner goes to this one...
...But mainly because the poor ignorant dude insists that what he just did is... “what you do...you just go.” lol

Camera guy disagrees... :hillbilly:
**Turn up volume for full conversation...**

Lol that is great. Sure is an efficient way to remove ones bumper.

Anyone else see this...

What's everyone (or anyone) using this little slot for that's on the left of the steering wheel? Would love to find some resourceful use for it, but it doesn't work for much of anything.

IMG_7676 (1).jpg

I keep a short stack of my business cards in it.

What a title
Screenshot_20200924-205650_Chrome.jpg

Not a very flattering article
I didn't even bother reading it, title was all that caught my eye. Guessing it was the typical: everything is ancient in the vehicle, they are behind the competition in tech, blah blah blah, it's a capable off roader

What's everyone (or anyone) using this little slot for that's on the left of the steering wheel? Would love to find some resourceful use for it, but it doesn't work for much of anything.
I asked the dealer what it was for. He told me it was a card holder such as those used for automatic gates. I've never used it. I'm waiting for some brilliant person to come up with a replacement idea like a panel mounted Anderson Power Pole outlet for a higher current application.

Dan Neil is a total douche. He hates the internal combustion engine and dreams of an all electric utopia. The WSJ even quit letting readers like myself post comments regarding his columns. He and the nag Peggy Noonan are bringing the paper down a notch. Don't waste your time reading it...

I asked the dealer what it was for. He told me it was a card holder such as those used for automatic gates. I've never used it. I'm waiting for some brilliant person to come up with a replacement idea like a panel mounted Anderson Power Pole outlet for a higher current application.

I stick my National Park pass card in there, or other such cards that are typically used by handing it out the window (so very few uses for sure).

A Taco rant.

Yeah know... i've been working on cars for a long time, and working on them well if I say so myself. And it never ceases to amaze me at how dumb engineers can be when it comes to the real world.

I've got the whole exhaust out of my 200, and figured it was a good time to replace my starter. @JohnB sold me a new spare start of his and, too easy.

So what idiot at Toyota thinks that a tiny plastic connecter is a good idea to sit between the block and the header? With the lightest of thumb presses, it cracks right in half. Of course it does, the heat down there is pretty up there, and heat cycling plastic never worked for anyone.

Reminds me of the ignition harness of the 3.4L on 1st gen Tacos and 3rd gen 4Runners. By the time, the component needs to be serviced, the connectors are so brittle that the job increase by hour for no need. I'm all about big, thick, plastic components like the intake manifold, the oil filter housing, air box, fuse box. But the tiny connector tabs really need a looking at. I know Toyota does incredible amounts of testing with their fasteners, maybe they should look at the plastic ones also.

Update:
Found the plastic connector part number and you replace just the plastic starter connector for $8. It's the same part number since the 80 series, so I don't see them making it better anytime soon. I'm gonna have some wild turkey now.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20201104-102808_Instagram.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom