Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

image.png
4x4labs makes this....which is pretty cool. Only two bikes though. Really comes down to how many bikes you may be hauling.

Looking at options and practicalities. The above would be more in line with the way my set up functions....haven't made my decision. I do like the 1up

I thought you were gonna see a 1up rack. No?
My buddy has been at the track in Indy (Putnam) tuning his car so haven't gotten to try out his 1up yet.
I'll post a pic when I try out the 1up so you can see how it works with a swing out.

Well that looks interesting!

I think I'd rather weld that top plate on permanently, or something similar.

Yeah I wouldn't trust the bolt-on, but the plate itself is pretty inexpensive. I looked at putting one of these on the rear bumper on my travel trailer to make carrying bikes easier, but the Thule bike rack I have bounces too much and I was afraid it would cause my trailer to sway all over the place with 100+lbs bouncing around the rear (and pulling weight off the tongue).

Yeah I wouldn't trust the bolt-on, but the plate itself is pretty inexpensive. I looked at putting one of these on the rear bumper on my travel trailer to make carrying bikes easier, but the Thule bike rack I have bounces too much and I was afraid it would cause my trailer to sway all over the place with 100+lbs bouncing around the rear (and pulling weight off the tongue).

Ya, another issue can arise from bike carriers that basically hang the bike by the top tube. A thousand miles of bumping around can really start to eat away at the surface of the tube and create problems for carbon fiber frames. What I like about the 1up (don't have it, but looking into it) is that the weight is fully on the tires/wheels of the bike. Obviously that's where the bike is designed to take a beating...so no issues with dame to tubes that aren't intended for direct contact.

Two quick questions from my new to me 2013.

1. I see water leaking from the back left corner after driving...why there?
2. The driver seat seem to inconsistently retract back and down when shutting off the car and getting out. I reset the key I think to my memorized setting vs what the previous owner might have had. Cant figure out what the rules are for when or why it does this...

Thanks -

Two quick questions from my new to me 2013.

2. The driver seat seem to inconsistently retract back and down when shutting off the car and getting out. I reset the key I think to my memorized setting vs what the previous owner might have had. Cant figure out what the rules are for when or why it does this...

Thanks -

Condensation from exhaust pipe in left rear?

Are you sure you're not bumping one of the three seat position presets when entering/exiting?

My vote is rear air conditioner runoff

If your key fob is tied to the second position but you programmed your seating to the first, then it will adjust you to the wrong settings. There are key fob programming instructions in the manual. I actually need to reprogram mine because both of our fobs are programmed to position 1 but my settings are in position 2 so every time my wife uses her key the seats adjust incorrectly

Thank you all. I bet it is the 1st vs. the 2nd or 3rd position setting. Did not think of that.

Also, after looking, I can tell that is the rear a/c draining. Thanks.

View attachment 1264036 4x4labs makes this....which is pretty cool. Only two bikes though. Really comes down to how many bikes you may be hauling.

Does you bike use through axles? A lot of mountain bikes do now and the pictured rack won't work with a through axle. Have you seen North Shore Bike Racks they make a nice rack that holds the bike high and pivots down to open the back. I have a Yakima holdup...it's been very good. The bikes are on an off in 10 seconds, holds pretty much everything from my downhill bike to my three year old's first bike. Pretty well priced, lots of plastic but the rack is solid - no problem carrying multiple heavy DH bikes for extended trips. With the rack pivoted down the rear hatch can be opened without an issue with 800mm handlebar.

I would like to have a swing out adapter for it but it's not worth the price, easy enough to deal with it as it is now. I do see that being a nice thing to have on the 4x4labs rack.

Does you bike use through axles? A lot of mountain bikes do now and the pictured rack won't work with a through axle. Have you seen North Shore Bike Racks they make a nice rack that holds the bike high and pivots down to open the back. I have a Yakima holdup...it's been very good. The bikes are on an off in 10 seconds, holds pretty much everything from my downhill bike to my three year old's first bike. Pretty well priced, lots of plastic but the rack is solid - no problem carrying multiple heavy DH bikes for extended trips. With the rack pivoted down the rear hatch can be opened without an issue with 800mm handlebar.

I would like to have a swing out adapter for it but it's not worth the price, easy enough to deal with it as it is now. I do see that being a nice thing to have on the 4x4labs rack.
Correct, I have a thru axle but theres plenty of thru axle front fork mounts out there that could be utilized vs QR. I haven't inquired about that but didn't think it'd be an issue - I can't be the first.

Anybody have 5 extra rock warrior lugs?

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
1up bike rack works with a 35" tire on the back. I had to use a 12" extension for clearance. Nice piece of hardware.

View attachment 1276286 View attachment 1276287 View attachment 1276288 View attachment 1276289 View attachment 1276285 1up bike rack works with a 35" tire on the back. I had to use a 12" extension for clearance. Nice piece of hardware.

I'm seriously ready to buy the 1UP...same as above. Question though...

**When you have a bike on it...does it tip downward far enough to open the swing-arm?

I've been thinking about having a custom extra receiver welded or bolted to the left swing-arm on a tire carrier bumper (that would need to be offset...unlike your center-mount tire carrier), but I've been curious how far down the race tips in back. I saw one that tips down.
**Have you tried this? I kinda doubt it will tip far enough, but just hoping...

What I love about that rack is the fact that it only ever touches the tires of the bike..meaning that no matter how rough a road...you're only ever touching the part of the bike that's built to take a beating. -No stress on carbon fiber frame...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom