Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm seriously ready to buy the 1UP...same as above. Question though...

**When you have a bike on it...does it tip downward far enough to open the swing-arm?

I've been thinking about having a custom extra receiver welded or bolted to the left swing-arm on a tire carrier bumper (that would need to be offset...unlike your center-mount tire carrier), but I've been curious how far down the race tips in back. I saw one that tips down.
**Have you tried this? I kinda doubt it will tip far enough, but just hoping...

What I love about that rack is the fact that it only ever touches the tires of the bike..meaning that no matter how rough a road...you're only ever touching the part of the bike that's built to take a beating. -No stress on carbon fiber frame...
I'll tip down / try it out tomorrow and snap a photo for you. I'm researching for something such as this Locking Anti-Rattle, Threaded Hitch Pin for Swagman 2" Hitch Racks Swagman Locks S64027 due to the tolerance differences...aka the rattle

@Willy beamin

I have an extension for my rack too, mainly so there is room for the hatch to clear my bikes handlebar when opening. Also to allow room to drop the tailgate and hang my legs off.

Ordered off Amazon. 10 or 12", I don't recall. Works great. No wiggle when combined with the Thule lock that tightens down too. There is a nylon insert that keeps things snug and quiet.

Sure, someone could go through the trouble of taking the rack off, but not many folks carry around the proper socket to fit into such a tight spot. I'm not worried about it. I haven't tried, but the Thule bolt may quite possibly be the same size.

truck 033.JPG
truck 034.JPG

Thanks man

Any of you guys ever develop an oil leak? I am currently at 68,000mi. I can see some oil drops around the skid plate, oil plug and possibly a foot or so forward. The vehicle has been sitting a bit.

No leaks.

Who changes your oil?

Any of you guys ever develop an oil leak? I am currently at 68,000mi. I can see some oil drops around the skid plate, oil plug and possibly a foot or so forward. The vehicle has been sitting a bit.
Closing in on 115k miles, had a very slight leak once or twice and it was due to the drain plug, they're meant to be replaced frequently make sure it comes with a washer.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here are a couple pics, thanks for the feedback

If possible to get the underside steam/pressure washed with the skid plates off would help you narrow down the source of the leak, doesn't look like much oil lost but I'd double check the dipstick level just in case. Good luck in tracking it down

The dealer changes the oil. I really haven't noticed a significant oil loss, always seems spot on. Runs perfect. Just began to see a small spot on the driveway last month. Just don't want it to turn into something worse. Going on a big road trip this July, will be run long, hard and hot.

depending on what you give for them I may take one off your hands - I have another set of 4 but needs a 5th to ease my ocd.

is that leak engine oil or other? Perhaps its residual from the dealer change, it's a messy process. Take off the skid and hit both the skid and that drip (where is that exactly, the bell housing?) with purple power/degreaser. De-Greaser and a garden hose should get you pretty clean and then you can monitor it.

Last edited:
What is this credit card slot for?

30lmo28.jpg

Late 20th century technology (i.e. card to access parking garage, Starbucks card, Blockbuster card, etc.)...

Last edited:
Late 20th century technology (i.e. card to access parking garage, Starbucks card, etc)...
Nope, it's for pokemon cards... don't you guys ever have pokemon battles at traffic lights. Maybe it's just a Japanese thing

image.jpg
Anyone ever lose a headlamp washer cover? Just noticed mine is missing...Curious what this part will cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom