OEM front door lock actuators review (@binmahmoodstores) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

COYS

SILVER Star
Threads
Based on a referral from a trusted Land Cruiser shop in CA, I pounced on purchasing a pair of NLA OEM front door lock actuators from this vendor on ig for $800 USD shipped.

@binmahmoodstores

Communication was great. Packaging was great. Delivered in a reasonable amount of time. All good, except the parts themselves, of which I am seeking an eye test from y'all.
  1. 69030-60040 (right side door lock actuator; supercession is 69030-60041, but this wasn't available for sale)
  2. 69040-60041 (left side "")
Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 2.53.36 PM.png

Vendor vehemently claims both parts are NEW old stock.

Is part #1 (right side actuator) missing the red/green/black wiring (circled in red) or does it not come with it?

IMG_0302.jpeg

Even on the new looking actuator (left side), the plastic tab was sold to me broken

IMG_0296.jpeg

Metals have aged differently, though one is an older part than the other (didn't come with the Toyota sticker though)

IMG_0292.jpeg

If the wiring is OK, then I'll just stash the parts. If the wiring is missing on the right hand actuator, then the vendor agreed to refund me $350 less shipping. I have shared a link to this thread with them so they know I'm being fair.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I never priced OEM actuators. Is $800 a good deal, especially in light of NLA status?
I'm personally not seeing NOS OEM front door lock actuators posted FS. It was worth $800 for two NEW Toyota genuine parts to me.

I do not know these specific actuators, even though I have an 80 series, so I can’t comment on the wiring.

I have bought a LOT of parts from them and all have been as promised. Even the 45 year old FJ40 harness new in bag.

Other than the plastic tab that’s broken, post some more pictures and show us why you think these are used parts.

I do not know these specific actuators, even though I have an 80 series, so I can’t comment on the wiring.

I have bought a LOT of parts from them and all have been as promised. Even the 45 year old FJ40 harness new in bag.

Other than the plastic tab that’s broken, post some more pictures and show us why you think these are used parts.

Good to know! They were great in communication, packing and shipping as stated.

As for the part itself, just compare the pics and zoom in if you need. The wiring piece is the non-starter that I'm trying to sort through. Honestly, I would never have bought it had I been able to see it in hand pre-purchase.

Many thanks.

I just bought the LHS. Along with, I am sure, other things in that thread listed as NLA.

Most can still be bought from your local or online dealership you just have to feed them part #’s. I go to my local dealership last because they cost the most but they have produced many parts others can’t, they won’t sell me any non-US parts though. I often use Toyota Parts Deal to check if a part # is live in the US database before feeding that number to the local dealership.

Just ordered from them today every single wiring connector to build an in house 1HDFTE engine swap harness. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

I have also bought many parts from them over the last few years, some of the parts were probably 40 years old (FJ55). I have always found them 100% reliable and honest. Hopefully it is just the one tab and everything else is fine with your parts. I can almost 100% assure you that they are not used parts. I have asked them a few times if they can find me a particular used part and they simply only deal in new OEM parts (many of which are now NLA).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom