Front passenger door lock not functioning (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1997 LX450 passenger front door lock does not actuate with the key. I was thinking it was the door lock actuator, but when I search for that part online there seems to only be right rear actuators available. Assuming it is the lock actuator, is there a part available to make it work?

Thanks

My 1997 LX450 passenger front door lock does not actuate with the key. I was thinking it was the door lock actuator, but when I search for that part online there seems to only be right rear actuators available. Assuming it is the lock actuator, is there a part available to make it work?

Thanks
Is your key worn too much?

Has the lock been changed by a PO?

Thanks

If you are using the key to lock it then you have something mechanically wrong in the linkage rods or clips. The actuator does not come into play in this situation.

TY.....If I unlock all the doors via the key(or use the unlock/lock button on inside door panel) on the drivers side door the passenger front will unlock/lock, it is when I try to unlock/lock the passenger door with the key that it does nothing via that side lock mechanism. Guess I am just repeating what you said in other words....? That this indicates that the actuator is fine, but some other linkage/clip inside the door panel issue is the cause? Is there a common piece that fails inside that I could keep an eye out for?

The key does slide in easy and completely, it does not hang up at all and turns normally, there is no noise/sound at all and no lock/unlock function. As I mentioned a minute ago, the door will unlock/lock fine using the drivers door key mechanism or door button. The lock will work fine using the passenger door panel lock/unlock button too, just no luck with the key in the passenger side.

The key does slide in easy and completely, it does not hang up at all and turns normally, there is no noise/sound at all and no lock/unlock function. As I mentioned a minute ago, the door will unlock/lock fine using the drivers door key mechanism or door button. The lock will work fine using the passenger door panel lock/unlock button too, just no luck with the key in the passenger side.
I think something fell off inside the door.

Here's a link with other links embedded, might help before you dig in:

Just a F/U......I removed the passenger door panel and found that the problem was a metal rod running down from the exterior door handle area had slipped out of a plastic "grommet". The plastic piece was not broken and when I put the rod back in it seemed to be a solid fit, time will tell if it pops back out, but I tried pulling on it and it was stuck in there pretty good. I tested my key in the PD lock and all worked as it should, problem solved. While I was in there I noticed that my speaker cone had come loose from the speaker housing and it was the cause of unknown rattles I was hearing. I just glued it back in around a ring that slips in the housing and that fixed the rattle too. I took the DD panel off and had the same speaker cone issue there as well, glued it back in and that little rattle disappeared also. Truck is super quiet now....lol, fun project for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom