OEM fj40 steel wheels (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

yeah, i just purchase 2 from my local Toyota dealership and same result $126. if there really is a shortage as i'm hearing i will go ahead and purchase 3 more today. thanks for all the help and info.

"They quoted me $126 each...Ouch! " Come on guys,in the FJ40 world nothing its cheap...now days the only thing free is all you can learn here on MUD....for the rest use The plastic cachin cachin

hmmm...OK:cheers:

Isnt a guy aloud to say "ouch" when comparative Chevy or Ford steel wheel cost are aroud $200 per set of 4?

I never asked for free.

But A chey 6 lug will not fit a fj40.

Has anybody tried or considered welding a rivited drum brake rim & removing the rivits & filling the holes. I've looked @ the welds on the disc brake rim, because I'm considering changing the offset. The welds on the rim are pretty basic.

But A chey 6 lug will not fit a fj40.

Has anybody tried or considered welding a rivited drum brake rim & removing the rivits & filling the holes. I've looked @ the welds on the disc brake rim, because I'm considering changing the offset. The welds on the rim are pretty basic.

The rivets are NOT what causes the rims not to clear. There is a subsection of the back of the rim that tapers in sooner on the riveted rims than on the welded ones. The tapered area of the rim is what hits the caliper.

sorry I was thinking of the split rims that somebody made not split...they can not be welded and made to work...Mark would know

however ...i wounder if you use a spacer that it would work? moving the rim further out from the taper?

Last edited:
mini truck wheels

I will amend my previous post, per this site:

ToyoDIY.com

looks like only the 79 and 80 mini trucks had the hub cap retainer clips.

$94.29 on Toyotapartszone.com for the wheels. Don't know the shipping and handling.

does anybody have the part number for oem wheels that fit a 79' with disc brakes. Toyota lists like 9 different types, and of course can not look up my VIN

I doubt riveted will work. The rivets hit the brake calipers. You could run spacers...but best bet is to buy new disc-compatible wheels from Toyota.

Hmm I’ll have to see if they ship...still waiting on the 40 from the body shop and haven’t moved on wheels yet.

I'm thinking that might be the deal breaker I was looking for. I was debating on these or Wheel Vintiques because they're 1/3 the cost.

Ya I want to mount the hub caps, I need these. Wanted dad to spring for city racers in 16 so I could go narrower but that hasn’t happened

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom