SOLD NW Colorado 1983 60-series. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
I hate to do it, because this Land Cruiser is so nice, but I'm afraid to damage it if I take it wheeling, and honestly, I'm a 80's guy, which I have too many off, and need to reduce my collection to a manageable level (yeah, right, will never happen).

I purchased this vehicle last Spring from the original owner of 40-years. It was the first new vehicle he purchased.

Truely a rust free 60-series.

Purchased new in Dallas Texas. Was a dealer trade with another dealer in Eastern Texas to get the color the buyer wanted.

Spent its life in the Dallas area until I bought it, flew into DFW, and drove it home to Colorado.

126K+ original miles.

Upgrades;

De-Smog'd with European canister (80-series filter) air filter system. New 5-speed conversion. Gen-1 ARB bumper. Custom rear bumper and sliders. Dual battery set-up. Tuffy box center console (with added modern stereo, and hidden amp in the rear. Original radio still in the dash). 2-1/2" OME lift, Headlights replaced with LED lights. The old school driving lights on bumper are not that bright by today's standards, and I would replace them if I was keeping it.

Interior is perfect, with original floor mats.

European style inclination gauge with digital clock installed in blank spot in the dash (clock not powered up)

Zero rust.

Has a goofball ding in the roof.

New BFG Mud Terrain tires installed on new 16" 70-series wheels (including spare tire and wheel)

Sorry, I do not have any of the original parts and pieces that came off the vehicle.

Unfortunately, chipmunks destroyed the sound insulation on the underside of the hood, which was pristine.

$38K

KIMG0168_092805.JPG
19604.jpeg
KIMG0026_094916.JPG
KIMG0025_094933.JPG
18939.jpeg

Picture on the trailer is where we met outside the airport in Dallas.

I apologize that I cannot post more pictures, but with a phone replacement, I lost most of my picture library. I think serious buyers will ask for additional pictures which I will be happy to provide.

Only caveat is, I live Off Grid, without Internet or cell service, and any responses my take 24+ hours before I see them and can respond. So if you PM me your cell number, I can take all the pictures you desire. Text is best for communication, but don't mind voice conversations, but be aware that VM messages are often delayed (weeks or even months) due to Verizon latency issues.

Last edited:
KIMG0028_094858.JPG
KIMG0188_092342.JPG

Trades...

If you have a similar condition and pristine FZJ-80 that is Triple Locked, feel free to reach out to me.

My preferences are gray cloth interior, especially a 93/94. Please, no snorkel cut monstrosities.

Last edited:
I've had a few people ask for pictures of the underside, frame, etc. For some reason it's not letting me post them, saying the files are too big, even after I make them smaller, crop them, etc.

PM me your cell number, and I can text them.

Last edited:
Mind me asking why you are selling your 2 HEs and this 60?

Honestly, I don't get much joy from driving the 200's. Yes, they are nice and there's probably nothing else I'd rather take on a long cross country trip, than a 200. For me, the 200's are just too modern, loaded with features, etc. I'm a man of simple tastes, and get annoyed with all the stupid sensors, things beeping constantly, and of course having to use a touch screen to adjust the fan.

As far as the 60, I'd like to keep it, but I don't have the space and energy to store all these Land Cruisers I've collected. Also, I constantly worry about damaging the 60, or some idiot running into me while driving. Yes, it's that nice of a vehicle. Not perfect, but as close as you can get without a full restoration. Really, I'm an 80's guy when it comes down to it, eventhough I did get a 100 recently.

I had my eye on this one when it was for sale in Dallas. About as nice as you are going to find anywhere, judging from the photos that were posted at that time.
I did as well. By the time I decided to inquire, it was gone. Bought a 40 shortly after. 😁 GLWS, looks like it’s still a nice 60!

I've had a few people ask for pictures of the underside, frame, etc. For some reason it's not letting me post them, saying the files are too big, even after I make them smaller, crop them, etc.

@apline4x4, your inbox on here is full so you can't get new messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom