For Sale 1983 Land Cruiser, Arizona offers considered (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Life changes and we have to roll with it. Parting with my dream for now. I bought this beauty about a year and a half ago with the intention of driving it into the ground. But I'm getting married now and I could use the money. Price as always is less than what I have into it.

Prior owner had maintained it well and gave me his records. His mechanic put the head gasket on backwards though and I wasn't going to take the chance on whether the engine was damaged so I put in a refurbished engine (2F). New engine has just a couple hundred miles on it. There was 190,000 on the original. Records sorry this. I also put in new suspension, steering stabilizer, euro mirrors, gps gauges, led headlights and new KC lights up front. Paint and interior are not factory, but as close as possible. Has original 4 speed manual transmission. Also, has been desmogged.

Negatives: a few scratches. The stereo is not connected and unsure if it or the speakers work. I have a bracket for a/m stereo and was going to put in a retro style modern radio, but didn't get that far.

I'm asking $35k but willing to negotiate. I believe that's a good deal for a mudder. If I post elsewhere, I'll likely post higher.

1000000034.jpeg

IMG_7737.jpeg

IMG_7738.jpeg

IMG_7739.jpeg

IMG_7740.jpeg

Last edited:
Firm on 40 might have worked in 2022 but the market has softened considerably since then. The guy with a really clean, low mile 62 (with H55) who was firm on $44.5 just settled for $32 on BaT, which tends to be a more expensive platform, though somewhat indicative of the current market. Try it there with your reserve at $40 if you think it's truly worth it, or be ballsy and set it at no reserve and let the market decide.

Firm on 40 might have worked in 2022 but the market has softened considerably since then. The guy with a really clean, low mile 62 (with H55) who was firm on $44.5 just settled for $32 on BaT, which tends to be a more expensive platform, though somewhat indicative of the current market. Try it there with your reserve at $40 if you think it's truly worth it, or be ballsy and set it at no reserve and let the market decide.
this. Kind of upset me too. lol

Thanks for the honest advice guys. I'm not hurting to sell, but it would make things easier for sure. Maybe I'll keep it here for now and see what the market does.
this. Kind of upset me too. lol
Not all of us live in the forum classifieds and are in tune with the market. Most guys on here are cool. Not sure why my post would make anyone upset. It's not like I'm extremely of the mark or demanding. Just putting it out there and appreciative of the honest feedback.

Thanks for the honest advice guys. I'm not hurting to sell, but it would make things easier for sure. Maybe I'll keep it here for now and see what the market does.

Not all of us live in the forum classifieds and are in tune with the market. Most guys on here are cool. Not sure why my post would make anyone upset. It's not like I'm extremely of the mark or demanding. Just putting it out there and appreciative of the honest feedback.
You misunderstood. The sale of the white one mentioned ... upset me due to the fact that it sold at a gigantic DISCOUNT. So not only did I miss out because I was ready to buy at that price as I was actually considering approaching 40 during a time when seller wasn't flexible, and it kind of lowers the value of my own.

not really....the same type of people who hoarded toilet paper and fought people over it 3 years ago are the same types of people that ran up classic car prices.....so scared the are gonna miss out on something.

its just some normalcy taking hold....for the short term
I get it, a correction was inevitable .. I guess it's fine in the end if we intend to hold.

Where did you get the work on this truck completed? Looks like one I saw at Higgy's/Avid Cruisers a while back. Good looking truck!

... so I put in a refurbished engine (2F). New engine has just a couple hundred miles on it. There was 190,000 on the original. Records sorry this.
You might want to elaborate on the above. It's unclear to me what it all means, specifically an explanation of "a refurbished engine" seems appropriate. I'm assuming the last sentence just means there's a record of 190K on the original drivetrain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom