Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is Scottsdale, AZ. That explains a lot. (nothing against you of course Phil).

It's serious "bolt on" world there.

It is Scottsdale, AZ. That explains a lot. (nothing against you of course Phil).

It's serious "bolt on" world there.

Scottsdale is the definitly an entitlement area something I embrace daily. The next couple weeks will see some most incredible rides anywhere. Something I look forward to.

not even a good looking 110 and I like 110's

not sure if they got enough back up lights on it......

whats the logo above the rear wheel well.......Versace?

not even a good looking 110 and I like 110's

not sure if they got enough back up lights on it......

whats the logo above the rear wheel well.......Versace?

Veracruze its the largest city in Mexico.:meh: My guess its a cartel member by the looks of the other vehicles.

This is right around the corner from me, legally. Details do apply :)View attachment 1381596

Don't see anything in that picture that would give that away as being to young for import...
That said it is pretty easy to import everything needed to build a modern (Puma) Defender, besides motor of course.

Don't see anything in that picture that would give that away as being to young for import...
That said it is pretty easy to import everything needed to build a modern (Puma) Defender, besides motor of course.

No parts were imported and built, note the license plate

I see a lot of Mexican registered vehicles (I am less than three hours from Nuevo Laredo) ranging from the Toyota hilux, Chevrolet Tornado, Ford Ranger (the new one) and even the late model ford ranger as a crew cab. Once in awhile I even see a Nissan NP300. Many Mexican nationals come to San Antonio to shop for clothes.

I don't know much about the Mexican hilux but I would probably take a Tacoma over it.....it is just funny to see them driving on I-35 near the San Antonio Toyota plant where the Tacoma is made.

update

>>>>

L79 Enthusiasts –

First, we want to say thank you for your early and continued interest in our L79 effort. While we all have a passion for the Toyota Land Cruiser, we would not be pressing forward with this momentous endeavor were it not for folks like you! So here is an update on our current plans. With EPA and NHSTA/DOT approvals now in hand, our immediate objectives are:

• Purchase and import two new Toyota Land Cruiser L79 Diesel Dual Cab vehicles to the US
  • Retrofit these vehicles with our proprietary BlackBox diesel emissions control technology
  • Modify these vehicles for NHSTA/DOT compliance
  • Schedule EPA Emissions Testing Session
  • Submit these vehicles to the EPA and NHSTA/DOT – NLT May 1st 2017
  • Secure financing for all of the former and miscellaneous expenses associated with the above.

We plan to have one fully-prepared vehicle – an L79 America Turbo Diesel Off Road Pro – for display / entry into the October 2017 SEMA auto show in Las Vegas, the premier venue for this type of vehicle. Concurrently – depending upon our final go to market strategy – we need to procure sufficient raw materials to start/ramp up production so that we are producing a vehicle a week at our US facility. To meet our ambitious vehicle production goal, we likely need to hire one or more certified Toyota Diesel Mechanics and an off-road suspension geometry / fabrication guru. We expect full-on vehicle sales to commence immediately following the SEMA show.

You have all clearly stated your desire to purchase one of our L79 vehicles as soon as they are available – and we are in the process of making that happen! We expect to begin taking fully refundable $2,500 Reservation Payments from potential customers on the www.L79-America.com website very shortly. While many of you have asked us where you can send your full payment in advance to secure your vehicle, thank you. But I think we have a better idea. If you are willing to commit $20k of the total purchase price to this effort now, we will guarantee you access to one of the first ten vehicles off of the production line. That means you have the opportunity to purchase Serial Number 00001! If you are up for it, great, if not, no worries. To repay you for your early investment in this effort – and for being such a big part of bringing the L79 project to fruition – we will be mounting a commemorative “Founders” plate (L79 America, Founding Fathers – get it?) to the dash and equipping the vehicles with a unique set of aftermarket accessories that will not be available on the standard production vehicles.

No doubt this email will generate as many questions as I have tried to answer, so ping away and please let us know what you think.

Thank you all,

John

John L. Papp Jr.
Sr. Project Manager -- L79 America

Well at least there will only be 10 scammed out of $20K before this goes south.....

I feel like a few old timers here decided to go on a practical joke and it's just not funny anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom