Not mine, but supposed 2016 Land Cruiser Double Cab Pickup for sale... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll be honest. If I came across L79 America before reading this thread I might be tempted. Hopefully these 13 pages saved someone from making a big mistake. I really appreciate this forum.

The biggest red flag for anybody should be.... If this guy has the resources to actually make something like this happen, he would not need to be taking any money to fund anything or secure a land cruiser because you would have to be loaded to begin with to take on an mission like this one.. Why would a rich guy take deposits to fund something he obviously has money for?? RED FAG!!! taking deposits for this mission ...mmmm SCAM

I must be missing something ......
Let's just say for arguments sake that this truck is 100% legit.
Let's further acknowledge that it might sell for approximately $70,000.00 (USD).
Let's also acknowledge that an above average 1991/1992 75 Series Ute can be bought for $20,000.00 - $25,000.00. (More or less)
Minus the V8 diesel and cup holders, is the newer Ute $45,000.00 better than the 75 Series? Is it $45,000.00 more capable? Is the "new car" smell worth $45K? Would you pay $45K for back seats? (You could buy a 75 Series Ute and a 4 door Tacoma for $70 K)
Perhaps my dreams are to small but I would never refer to this particular Cruiser as my "dream vehicle".

Last edited:
Chas, the only thing you are missing is that these are supposedly 1HZ Utes, sooooooo, yes, I'll take a nice 1990/91 Ute and my 4 door Tundra for the imaginary $70K ...

The biggest red flag for anybody should be.... If this guy has the resources to actually make something like this happen, he would not need to be taking any money to fund anything or secure a land cruiser because you would have to be loaded to begin with to take on an mission like this one.. Why would a rich guy take deposits to fund something he obviously has money for?? RED FAG!!! taking deposits for this mission ...mmmm SCAM

So, just so we are all clear, not only does nobody here know how to import newer vehicles, nobody knows how to run a business either? (I'll exclude Steve- I believe he knows what he is doing with vehicles 25+ years old and I love the business model he has)

Here, I'll help- it's all a lie, all a scam. Y'all figured everything out with your combined brainpower. Now drop it before you hurt yourselves.

To those who have some semblance of intelligence, keep in touch, www.l79-America.com. Oh, and have money too.

So, just so we are all clear, not only does nobody here know how to import newer vehicles, nobody knows how to run a business either? (I'll exclude Steve- I believe he knows what he is doing with vehicles 25+ years old and I love the business model he has)

Here, I'll help- it's all a lie, all a scam. Y'all figured everything out with your combined brainpower. Now drop it before you hurt yourselves.

To those who have some semblance of intelligence, keep in touch, www.l79-America.com. Oh, and have money too.

Or you could say. " I've really learned from my business mistakes over the years and now I'm a good guy that wants to fill all of your garages with your dream machines" You know, be sincere and be a business man. I try to give everyone a chance to be the best that they can be. Reason for this is because I am a business man.
Just a thought.

I went to your website. I clicked on "about" at the top and said that "careers are coming soon". Then I clicked on "careers" and it went to the "about" page.

You might want to double check the IT department's work.

So I have a couple of questions I would love to get some clarification on since I have a number of clients of mine personally who have contacted me about your business as well as the trucks you are going to bring in:

So, since the website says "turbo diesel" are you bringing in VDJ79's (1VD-FTV engines) Single turbo 4.5L V8 engines? Really? So these are not HZJ79's? NA in-line 4.2L indirect engines?

What transmission are these mated to? What transfer case are we discussing with these platforms? Differential gear ratios? Full time or part time 4WD? What is the towing capacity? Will these come with optional factory e-lockers or an LSD in the rear and open up front? What is the weight capacity (IE: what is the spring pack you are using--came with a number of different iterations depending on market specifications)?

Will they have the auto-locking hubs up front or will they have manual front hubs? Vacuum or mechanical transfer case? LSPV applicable? Rear disc or rear drum? 10mm or 8mm hub studs? Will AC be optional or will it have AC? Will it have dual tanks or a single gas tank? Will the beds be installed (IE: CBU) or just cab-chassis with choices (sort of like Australian 79 series trucks?

Steel wheels or aluminum alloy? What size rim? Split rims or solid (if you will be providing steel rims)? Factory Dunlops or something else? Will a spare parts kit be included with the purchase of these vehicles or parts support be provided after sales? Will these be 24V or 12V trucks? Will they have auxiliary outlet's in the engine bay? Will they have Bluetooth capabilities? Cassette deck receiver or a CD/Cassette receiver? Cloth or vinyl seats? Rubber or carpet floors? Blue (B0/B1/B2) interiors or tan (A0/A1/E0/E1)? PTO or electric factory Aisin winches?

A lot of these questions need to be answered so those of who might take you seriously actually have some information to work from.

Thank you.

The website is being modified live from 6pm PST tonight till Sunday, hopefully early - there will be a few mis-directs.

As for the rest of that post, I appreciate the most intelligent post/question I have seen so far on this thread. The 2016 models with the 1HZ are being brought in and fitted with aftermarket turbo and intercooler, mild, mild boost. for 2017 it is the V8 turbo direct from Toyota.

For all the other questions you have, direct them to the website. The answers will not be appreciated here. (If I mis-spell something, I'll be crucified)

As I've stated to many privately, this is not a sales forum for L79 America - we did not start this thread, and we do not expect to "win" anything here.

I must be missing something ......
Let's just say for arguments sake that this truck is 100% legit.
Let's further acknowledge that it might sell for approximately $70,000.00 (USD).
Let's also acknowledge that an above average 1991/1992 75 Series Ute can be bought for $20,000.00 - $25,000.00. (More or less)
Minus the V8 diesel and cup holders, is the newer Ute $45,000.00 better than the 75 Series? Is it $45,000.00 more capable? Is the "new car" smell worth $45K? Would you pay $45K for back seats? (You could buy a 75 Series Ute and a 4 door Tacoma for $70 K)
Perhaps my dreams are to small but I would never refer to this particular Cruiser as my "dream vehicle".

You're not paying the extra cash just for the back seat and tray. You are supposedly getting a new 0km cruiser. That to me is worth heaps. You'd know the entire history of your vehicle because you put every mile on it. I bought my 1990 HZJ77 with 145,000kms. I'm now at 220k and have put heaps into maintenance. Had I bought new I'd still only be changing oil and filters.

Another example, my transmission recently blew and now I can get a refurbished one, rebuild mine, or get a new one from Toyota. I'm going new with a factory Toyota seal. If I didn't care about reliability I'd drive a Chevy/dodge/ford

@77cruiser77 ......."That to me is worth heaps."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... But is it worth $45K? For me the answer is definitely NO but I do respect your opinion. :)

Update from Mikeshomeworks:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please tell me your email

Please advise of your email. We'd prefer to no longer send you updates as you do not have the ability to use common sense after reading them.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I guess I have no common sense. I guess I have upset Mike. I guess I have done this forum a huge disservice.

Should I give mike my email?
Should I give mike my money while I'm at it?

:(

I commend the sellers bravery for jumping into the shark tank. I want to believe this truck is here, and I try to always give people the benefit of the doubt. But @mikeshomeworks, if you can't give us something else to sink our teeth into, the feeding frenzy will only get worse. We still have seen no evidence that these trucks are really even here. You must have some pictures of them being stateside if you've gone to all this trouble? And if they're here legally at least give us a picture of the door post Vin number with the DOT info on it! No one will even put a deposit down if you can't prove that you can get these trucks here. I know you're watching this thread, just show us a picture already and set the record straight.
This guy is so obviously full of crap I can smell it from Central America... All fraudulent, no pics, no info, vague replies, then the victim role, PLEASE!!!

An announcement for this knucklehead's website just got posted to facebook and luckily someone linked back to this page...

An announcement for this knucklehead's website just got posted to facebook and luckily someone linked back to this page...
What a complete tool, certainly did create a feeding frenzy though =) Do like me, just move where you can buy one new off the dealer lot hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom