Nitro gears vs Sierra gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sammybones

Study in Moppishness
Threads
Is there a difference? I just bought front and rear lockers and went ahead and bought 4.88’s. I was a little surprised when I unpacked every and they were Sierra’s, I was expecting Nitro’s.

Ok. I have mean wheeling friends who were making fun of Sierra. They were giving me gear envy.

Where did you buy from? If I selected Nitro Gears and received anything different, I would send them back. Nitro has an excellent reputation with Toyota set ups. You'll know the quality of the Sierra gear in short order if you start seeing noticing flaky shiny debris in the gear oil.

LOL- their both made from 8620 so you're prob good to go..... ..... .... .....

Last edited:
Nitro makes top quality gears, and are 'yota guys who support HIH and Cruise Moab, etc, etc.
Sierra who?

Sierra is West Coast Differentials' house brand. They've been a reliable supplier for longer than I've been paying attention. I've set up dozens of sets of them with zero issues, they're always great quality. I currently have Nitro gears in my 100 rear axle, and Sierra Dana 50 gears in my front axle. :)

Their website says "since 1982", so...there you go. :) Nitro is the NKOTB here. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom