Next Gen Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow (in a bad way) at the window chrome surrounds ^^^. Just awful.

Nice trimmable fender feature and flat surface to mount flares possibly? They better start considering this with all the upcoming "offroad" vehicles coming out. Ford offering 37's on their bronco from the factory! Common Toyota, enough with the mall cruisers already... leave that to Cadillac.

1619190205350.png

I remember when the 80 series was first revealed. I really didn't like its bloated look at all. I remember when the 100 series was revealed - I never could get over its big ass tail lights. I remember when the 200 was revealed - it seemed like the better looking vehicle compared to the previous two. And this 300? The body design doesn't look bad but it doesn't look particularly interesting either. Better than the 80 or 100.

I think I understand why I dislike these photos so much...

300-series:

1211C6C7-4FD3-4374-9531-D92E20BA36EF.jpeg

Escalade:

2021-Cadillac-Escalade-3.jpg

And just when you think it can't get worse, the rear looks like a cheap version of the Cherokee...

300-series:

IMG_20210423_070739_971.jpg

Cherokee:

c8f0daacb62bd19a92bfd50cd6734d13.jpg

I really hope it grows on me... :/

Either way if not designed to easily fit 35's they will sell no more than the 200 series. Were talking flagship off-road vehicle and you can fit 285's at best? For about the same price you can get a 500HPish with 37's from the factory elsewhere, Toyota diehard or not if that's the best they can offer I'll stick with the 80 or go elsewhere, they are still lost after moving on from the 80 series. They are even claiming they are close to 37's on the new defenders and on a unibody even... nothing about this says flagship off-road Land cruiser. I realize it's not always about tire size but 285's can only get you so far unless you add 1000lbs plus of armor and drag on everything in site.

Either way if not designed to easily fit 35's they will sell no more than the 200 series. Were talking flagship off-road vehicle and you can fit 285's at best? For about the same price you can get a 500HPish with 37's from the factory elsewhere, Toyota diehard or not if that's the best they can offer I'll stick with the 80 or go elsewhere, they are still lost after moving on from the 80 series. They are even claiming they are close to 37's on the new defenders and on a unibody even... nothing about this says flagship off-road Land cruiser. I realize it's not always about tire size but 285's can only get you so far unless you add 1000lbs plus of armor and drag on everything in site.
Guess what. The flagship off-road vehicle is NOT a rock crawler. Go look around any Australian or 3rd World Country where these are used and they’re running 33s at best on 17” steel wheels.

Guess what. The flagship off-road vehicle is NOT a rock crawler. Go look around any Australian or 3rd World Country where these are used and they’re running 33s at best on 17” steel wheels.
I didn't say anything about rock crawler. Comparing sales of two off-road vehicles for 2020. Someone is doing something right the other got lost. Others are going after this market, Toyota has 3 suv's all mediocre so apparently they are happy with this. The 4runner is more of a off-road flagship than the land cruiser, sorry. People aren't buying the LC anymore for a reason. 285's at best without major issues is not a off-road flagship sorry.

Toyota LC-3146
Jeep-201,000

Toyota wants to continue 3000-400 sales a year at best **sorry didn't finish lol** keep doing what your doing, If they want a truly flagship model, make it so the masses want them and can modify them to fit the bill of "THEIR" version of off-road. Right or wrong, just my .02. If you think the 200series is a off-road flagship you likely have never drove an older true Land Cruiser pre 2000's.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about rock crawler. Comparing sales of two off-road vehicles for 2020. Someone is doing something right the other got lost. Others are going after this market, Toyota has 3 suv's all mediocre so apparently they are happy with this. The 4runner is more of a off-road flagship than the land cruiser, sorry. People aren't buying the LC anymore for a reason. 285's at best without major issues is not a off-road flagship sorry.

Toyota LC-3146
Jeep-201,000

Toyota wants to continue 3000-400 sales a year at best
?? Toyota sells hundreds of thousands of Cruisers a year everywhere else. They also cannot keep a 4Runner on the lot stateside due to demand.

You inferred because the cruiser couldn’t fit a 35” tire that it wasn’t off-road capable/worthy.

?? Toyota sells hundreds of thousands of Cruisers a year everywhere else. They also cannot keep a 4Runner on the lot stateside due to demand.

You inferred because the cruiser couldn’t fit a 35” tire that it wasn’t off-road capable/worthy.
My point of view is from the states not worldwide. If you look at the history of sales in the US, the only reasonable sales they had were the 80 series, A few years into the 100 and sales dropped big time again, the 200 came and sales fell off the map, half the people that own a 200 probably don't even know what a land cruiser at one time was capable of. There is a reason for this is my point. The front axle IMO was another I didn't even mention but realize that ship sailed long ago, jeep is making it work, why cant Toyota? The point was the ability to modify the vehicle so you can load up the family , because they wont fit in a jeep, and go off-road, overland, go for a hike up a forest road, you fill in the blanks but main point for a off-road vehicle is to be a step beyond mall cruiser which looks to be their target now. The ability to add mild lift and 35's IMO are a target every "off-read" flagship should have otherwise throw in a fancy limited slip or lockers and chase the Cadillac's to the malls. Seeing you have spent time in Alaska I would think you would understand. Without even slight modification to what I see I wouldn't take my family much up any forest road and likely not even off a county road especially if it will bring $10K of body work after the fact if you lucky to get back out.
Again, US sales don't lie, maybe it's a good thing they wont bring the LC back here, they have lost their way and forgot what the LC once offered in the states IMO. Maybe you should add a 80 series or older to your signature and you might get what I'm saying? Otherwise, good luck with you big fat bloated overpriced outdate "land cruiser" :meh:
Never said they are not off-road capable/ worthy just not what I or from the looks of it many others would consider an off-road flagship.

Nice Smile.
1619198312388.png

Last edited:
@Onur I know what you have driven and what you have done with them and you background, if you would like to chime in please feel free to. What was one of the first things you did with your 80? I'm pretty sure what I show below wasn't what drew you to what you do and to the Land Cruiser originally?
Ill leave it with 3 words and a picture and please explain? My first post was an observation and opinion, didn't think there was any need to get heckled and called out for opinion? Maybe I don't get it but not being convinced this is what I see here.

Off road flagship...
1619201123885.png

I strongly suspect Toyota has other plans to battle the Bronco and Wrangler here in the US....and it involves the name "TrailHunter".

Nice trimmable fender feature and flat surface to mount flares possibly? They better start considering this with all the upcoming "offroad" vehicles coming out. Ford offering 37's on their bronco from the factory! Common Toyota, enough with the mall cruisers already... leave that to Cadillac.

View attachment 2653625
35s from the factory, unless something changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom