Next Gen Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Although that proves how stupid it is to bring up in comparison to a 300 series LC. Lol. They are not competitors in the least, IMO.

/me awaits a long, run-on sentence diatribe about how wrong I am
I 100% agree and thinking they (Ford) are more gunning for the 4 runner market than jeep.
Since this is a 300 series guessing game thread IMO it will turn out lame just like the 200 did, A mall cruiser suited for the middle east market where this thing the LC turned into works. Why wouldn't they, its where they are making money off the vehicle,
Point is other manufactures are thinking outside the box and giving the US market options to make the vehicles more off-road worthy. In the states the LC is becoming an after thought and meh vehicle trying to chase the Cadillac and range rover. Nothing about this vehicle screams Land Cruiser IMO.
And why the LC will be no more here next year.
From what I read Australia has a heavy influence on the LC and have laws against lifted vehicles and big tires making it worse here, I'm just asking for a sort of bad ass Land Cruiser with a mild lift and 35's, not much to ask for is it?

Thanks.

Although that proves how stupid it is to bring up in comparison to a 300 series LC. Lol. They are not competitors in the least, IMO.

/me awaits a long, run-on sentence diatribe about how wrong I am
I fully agree that they are not competitors at all. But pointing out the fact it looks like 37’s OEM may happen. I do agree that toyota is missing the boat in many ways and the way they sell and market the LC is one of them.

AKA the Lexus version we will see here in U.S.....
No, that is just a high spec Land Cruiser.
300 LX(600?) will be different and a big step up in terms of luxury compared to the outgoing model and compared to the 300 LC.

It will still be land cruiser based, but expect more differentiation than before, as we have seen with every update in the past.

Last edited:
I 100% agree and thinking they (Ford) are more gunning for the 4 runner market than jeep.
Since this is a 300 series guessing game thread IMO it will turn out lame just like the 200 did, A mall cruiser suited for the middle east market where this thing the LC turned into works. Why wouldn't they, its where they are making money off the vehicle,
Point is other manufactures are thinking outside the box and giving the US market options to make the vehicles more off-road worthy. In the states the LC is becoming an after thought and meh vehicle trying to chase the Cadillac and range rover. Nothing about this vehicle screams Land Cruiser IMO.
And why the LC will be no more here next year.
From what I read Australia has a heavy influence on the LC and have laws against lifted vehicles and big tires making it worse here, I'm just asking for a sort of bad ass Land Cruiser with a mild lift and 35's, not much to ask for is it?
If I'm being honest, by reading your posts, it doesn't sound at all like you're just looking for a LC that can have a mild lift and 35s. Both the 100 and 200 pretty much fit 35s and you've shat on them profusely. You're also presuming it's impossible on a 300, but we have no idea.

I can't really tell what you want at all. Do you like IFS? It doesn't sound like it, but you're repping an IFS Bronco with a measly 8-9.5" of travel, depending on trim.

The 100 and 200 are both fantastic overland vehicles, and an IFS suits that, although it does not suit max travel or articulation vs a solid axle.... But calling them mall crawlers is at best an obfuscation of their true abilities, at worse woeful ignorant.

I fully agree that they are not competitors at all. But pointing out the fact it looks like 37’s OEM may happen. I do agree that toyota is missing the boat in many ways and the way they sell and market the LC is one of them.
That thing is tiny, it would never fit all the things I have with me to hunt or fish or go camping. They are different vehicles.

If I wanted a small SUV for crawling I'd buy a wrangler and I'd have 37s and 19" of travel in no time. That Bronco will never have 19" of travel, even when long travel kits are made for them. I'm definitely more concerned with travel than I am larger tires.

Random thoughts for those of us in the USA...

1) I am still disappointed the 300 series Land Cruiser will not be sold here...

However after seeing these photos of reality of the situation, I'm not heartbroken.

I'm sure it will be a great vehicle but it appears to be evolutionary not revolutionary. Maybe it should be called 249 - 250 series.

More electronics and bigger screens and safety features, but not the big jump like from the 80 series to 100 series to 200 series.

I could be completely wrong just a random thought.

2) Looking at the grill design and exterior execution language, I'm feeling Lexus like all over.

I think the Lexus designers are going to show their Caddy envy with grill works that will stretch from coast to coast....

Saying:

Look at me !!!

Look at me !!!

I am Lexus luxury !!!

Don't you wish you were me ???

But you are stuck in a Cad-eeee !!!

Bigger grills be such-a- trills...

Twin turbo V-6 climbin' up them hills...

Look at me !!!

Look at me !!!

You still stuck in a Cad-eee !!!

We shall see !!!

We shall see !!!

Toyoda USA why did you forsake thee ???

Peace

If I'm being honest, by reading your posts, it doesn't sound at all like you're just looking for a LC that can ...
All his posts give off the "back in my day, we walked to school uphill both ways" vibe.

Some people live in the past and refuse to accept that the world has moved on from their "ideals". And if something is not right for them, then it sure as hell is not right for anybody. Oh well, his loss.

More pics

176550397_497230131479640_8644440092682982095_n.jpg

176984091_886897078553929_822873764638398179_n.jpg

If I'm being honest, by reading your posts, it doesn't sound at all like you're just looking for a LC that can have a mild lift and 35s. Both the 100 and 200 pretty much fit 35s and you've shat on them profusely. You're also presuming it's impossible on a 300, but we have no idea.

I can't really tell what you want at all. Do you like IFS? It doesn't sound like it, but you're repping an IFS Bronco with a measly 8-9.5" of travel, depending on trim.

The 100 and 200 are both fantastic overland vehicles, and an IFS suits that, although it does not suit max travel or articulation vs a solid axle.... But calling them mall crawlers is at best an obfuscation of their true abilities, at worse woeful ignorant.
I think it’s pretty clear in post #103. The ability to add a simple lift to fit 35’s without redesigning the suspension and hacking the body.:meh: The rest is nonsense and a rant after being accused of wanting a rock crawler with the 300 lol. From all the want posts and picture with comparisons here in this 300 section it looks like I’m not alone in thinking Toyota lost it’s way in the US market with LC. Other manufactures are getting creative and realizing the potential out the for the off road market while Toyota sits back and gives us left over Middle East spec LC you can’t do much with beyond stock. Haven’t seen anything that says different, That goes for the 200 as well. There is a reason they sell 3000 here a year. No one cares,
Never mentioned the 100 but they are a bit meh and ok. Rode in a 40 as a kid and it was something I will never forget, the 80 changed my life and from there its meh at best. Rode in 100’s and 200’s and they are just vehicles and nothing special. The 300 if it happens looks to be the same.
Who wants a vehicle that steers and brakes for you with cameras below to help dodge rocks? What happened to driving over them?Just my .02 from a nobody.

I think it’s pretty clear in post #103. The ability to add a simple lift to fit 35’s without redesigning the suspension and hacking the body.:meh: The rest is nonsense and a rant after being accused of wanting a rock crawler with the 300 lol. From all the want posts and picture with comparisons here in this 300 section it looks like I’m not alone in thinking Toyota lost it’s way in the US market with LC. Other manufactures are getting creative and realizing the potential out the for the off road market while Toyota sits back and gives us left over Middle East spec LC you can’t do much with beyond stock. Haven’t seen anything that says different, That goes for the 200 as well. There is a reason they sell 3000 here a year. No one cares,
Never mentioned the 100 but they are a bit meh and ok. Rode in a 40 as a kid and it was something I will never forget, the 80 changed my life and from there its meh at best. Rode in 100’s and 200’s and they are just vehicles and nothing special. The 300 if it happens looks to be the same.
Who wants a vehicle that steers and brakes for you with cameras below to help dodge rocks? What happened to driving over them?Just my .02 from a nobody.

So you want an 80 series. I think you have one of those. ;)

I'm kidding - sort of. :)

All his posts give off the "back in my day, we walked to school uphill both ways" vibe.

Some people live in the past and refuse to accept that the world has moved on from their "ideals". And if something is not right for them, then it sure as hell is not right for anybody. Oh well, his loss.
3000 sales. Year isn’t making anyone jump for joy. Just saying....

I'm surprise nobody has mentioned the 6 lug wheels. If I had to guess, I'd guess they are (6) 14x1.5 lugs and a large bore which would make it different than anything else. When the 100 first came out with the 5x150, it took many years for aftermarket wheels to come out. It wasn't until the 2nd Gen Tundra came out with the same lug pattern was there a good selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom