Next Gen Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So what are the facts and the rumors in regards to the next generation Land Cruiser? I recall reading somewhere about a turbo'd hybrid 6-cylinder or something of the like. Is it coming in the 2020 MY or will Toyota continue to bleed out the 200-series platform for another 2-3 years?

I have been putting off picking up a new Land Cruiser for the misses because we kept holding out to see what the next generation model would look like. I am all for a more fuel efficient power plant and she would like a better seating layout in regards to how it stows/foldss.

So is it all speculation and rumors at this point or are there any verifiable details at the moment?

I don’t thing there is anything solid out there yet. But I wouldn’t hold your breath for any stow and go type seating.

But I wouldn’t hold your breath for any stow and go type seating.

This.

The fact that these things have a solid axle in back and put a large emphasis on off-road ability means the floor has to be relatively high up and seat stowing options are very limited

I guess it is possible toyota moves to an independent suspension in the rear.. but I just can’t see this being likely when you consider how robust these things need to be and the conditions they need to operate well in.

And read this….

Dave From Toyota - What We Learned In Breck About The 200...

1. The LC is a flagship vehicle for Toyota worldwide, and they will always have it.
2. The "next gen" is running behind the standard release do to several factors, speculation around fuel economy demands.
3. When it arrives, maybe styled more towards a military look or boxier design.

I personally would not be surprised to see it with a turbo V6.

Japanese are silent, they treat like top secret confidential, I'm sure the 300 series has been in the works for quite some time perfecting it for the next decade.

Just be patient or get the beautiful 200 series in the meantime.

Are they selling beautiful 200s now? I’ve owned quite a few 200s but none were beautiful.

Definitely more beautiful than the 100 series (uh oh- seeing flames coming from the 100 forum)! Not as beautiful as the 80 series!

Definitely more beautiful than the 100 series (uh oh- seeing flames coming from the 100 forum)! Not as beautiful as the 80 series!

Eye of the beholder...

Sometimes you have to “enable” beauty...with a few mods... :hillbilly:

I mean...even supermodels use make-up... ;)
D256BA9C-C7E7-4012-A6FF-DB6C4AA63147.jpeg

AF8E3DAF-4592-4B6A-8054-BEE28508F895.jpeg
7F4BB4DF-769C-4B1B-A152-48BECB0D7A62.jpeg
;)

I will admit I started out looking at an 80 series and came home with a 200

Man, that seems to be a fact...

My money is on the next new cruiser thread showing up by next weekend...

Are they selling beautiful 200s now? I’ve owned quite a few 200s but none were beautiful.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

100 is a legendary look and a beauty, but the 200 is a looker as well even though it looks somewhat of an over sized highlander ;) I still think its a beauty.

The 80 series also has a special place in my heart as I grew up being a passenger to one for over a decade and then becoming the owner of it from my dad.. so that might be the ultimate beauty... haha!

PS. I hated the look of the 200 when it first appeared in 2007. Made me love the looks of my built 100 series more.

Looking back I think the 200 may actually have been ahead of its time.

Looks aside, it is supremely capable off road.

Last edited:
PS. I hated the look of the 200 when it first appeared in 2007. Made me love the looks of my built 100 series more.

Looking back I think the 200 may actually have been ahead of its time.

Looks aside, it is supremely capable off road.
I agree. I drove a 60 for almost 15 years then went through an Audi wagon/sports car phase. Then I wanted to go back to a cruiser waiting on the 200. But I hated the look of the 200 when it came out, mainly because I had a hard time telling the difference between it and a highlander. Not that There is anything wrong with a highlander it’s just not an ORV like the cruiser and to me at the time the cruiser looked like a mall/ soccer shuttle. Fast forward to 2014 and I bought my LX570.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom