Newb with Pictures and Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone.

I finally got some good close-up pics of my Rig.
The first picture is a picture of some stress cracks that I have around the drivers side door.
- Question... Can I just weld this up and be good? I weld pretty well but I have these all over my drivers side door and a couple on the passenger door.
The second pic is of the dash controls
- Question.... So I have no idea what some of these controls do. I have been able to trace the heater fan control as well as the obvious wiper control but when I traced the left pull switch and the most right switch they lead to nothing on the firewall. Any idea what these are suppose to control? Thanks guys :beer:

Carmon
DSC02787.jpg
DSC02763_2.jpg

Last edited:
The far left pull knob traditionally goes to the choke...

do you have floor shift for the t-case? some PO's will leave the old t-case set up still in the dash.

Thanks alot guys... you are extremely helpful. I have the transfer pull on the dash, not the vacuum or the floor shifter. I think that you answered my questions tho and I really appreciate it!

Thanks alot guys... you are extremely helpful. I have the transfer pull on the dash, not the vacuum or the floor shifter. I think that you answered my questions tho and I really appreciate it!

Your T-case pull = Vacuum shift :cheers:
Lever is the hi/low range

So the dash pull is a vacuum? Hmm that is odd... any idea how that works? Seems like that could be an issue on trail if I loose vacuum, What do you guys think?

Another quick Pic

Hey Guys What is this? Has anyone seen one of these installed in their pigs. If so where can I get the components to get a spotlight back on here? Thanks

Carmon
DSC02784.jpg

that was put on by a previous owner, one of the many things you'll probably find on your rig.

that was put on by a previous owner, one of the many things you'll probably find on your rig.
:clap:

This wtf moment has been brought to you by..... duct tape. :D

ok guys one more question. All the rubber around the wondshield and side windows is nasty. I know the windshield is about 50 bucks and that is not big deal but the side windows are 250... that is nuts. Any way to save this rubber? I mean can I condition it and be alright? Just wondering if anyone on here has nay wisdom on this before I spend big $ for something I may not need to. Thanks

ok guys one more question. All the rubber around the wondshield and side windows is nasty. I know the windshield is about 50 bucks and that is not big deal but the side windows are 250... that is nuts. Any way to save this rubber? I mean can I condition it and be alright? Just wondering if anyone on here has nay wisdom on this before I spend big $ for something I may not need to. Thanks

My 2 cents: People get hung up on the cost of rubber unreasonably. Go price some new rubber or slightly older OEM rubber. It is expensive. The costs of limited run rubber is very high if it is complex especially.

you can live with as much or as little as you want...even get rid of the glass.

BUT if you want to run it right or "restore" it, then you have no choice. Rubber is not going to get cheaper for these rigs in gen.. Some of it like the Cargo rubber (made by the now defunct PVCruisers) will likely be gone and done soon enough.

If you want a new headliner it is best to have new windshield and cargo rubber. That being said, some people here have worked around taking the window out (i.e. not doing it) and some have used spliced windshield rubber on the cargo (ergo 100.00 not 230.00)

Edit: the only relatively inexpensive rubber made recently is the stuff n2666s made for us to use on the TG and Door window regulators. It was a relatively simple extrusion.

So, it is just an individual call. Me I bought the rubber...not all yet and I am still hedging on the 1/4 window.

Last edited:
I took the plunge and bought the rubber too. All of it. Door rubber, front windshiels, vent wing windows, window channels, rear door fixed window, cargo rubber, and all the pieces for the tailgate. I'd estimate I am at $1700 easy just on rubber.

It's a labor of love....

Ok point taken but I have one more question. I took my truck by a glass shop that a buddy of mine works for and he told me that he could get some universal auto weatherstrip to work on my cargo windows. Any idea if that is a no no? If it works it would be 15 dollars per window... Has anyone done this and if so was there an issue later? Thanks Guys

Ok point taken but I have one more question. I took my truck by a glass shop that a buddy of mine works for and he told me that he could get some universal auto weatherstrip to work on my cargo windows. Any idea if that is a no no? If it works it would be 15 dollars per window... Has anyone done this and if so was there an issue later? Thanks Guys

For $15 a window it couldn't hurt to try on one - and if it works by all means please let us know!

Have the window guy give some type of 1-5 yr guarantee.

More Questions

Ok guys. Thanks for the info on the weather stripping. I have another question about power steering. I was going to try and use the toyota minitruck steering box as I found the setup for 150 dollars at a junk yard near by, but after reading many different articles etc I am not sure if that is my best bet. If I used the toyota minitruck setup I would be using all the linkages and arms that are used with the current gearbox stock setup, I have seen on MUD that many people eliminate many of the arms for a simpler setup. Any ideas there and any clue or opinion to what the best/least expensive solution is? Thanks

Carmon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom