Newb with Pictures and Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok guys. I got started on my mini truck conversion. Got all the axle rebuild stuff from Kurt and started cleaning all the parts on my mini truck donor. Before I start to take apart the the Pig I had a quick question. Why do we upgrade to the 4 runner calipers instead of using the mini truck ones? They look pretty good on the donor I got and to be honest I am not sure if I want to spend the extra cash on the calipers if I don't need to. Any ideas on this guys? I know the benefit of the vented rotors but is it necessary? Thanks guys let me know.

are you going with vented rotors? I don't think the 4 runner upgrade will work with the solid rotor, because of the thickness difference.

The 4 runner upgrade uses 4 large pistons versus 2 large and 2 small pistons, which gives more force/preasure applied to the pads when braking.

Knuckle seals

One more quick question. I have been using Guppies mini truck for dummies FAQ, thanks alot by the way, and I have another quick question. In the pic below you have the felt wiper, the rubber seal and a gold piece that was on my knuckle when I removed it from my mini truck donor. The only thing I don't get is that I did not get one of these with my kit from Kurt. Should I reuse the one I have and if so if it is bent out of shape :doh: is that gonna work? :meh:Thanks guys
DSC00842.jpg

Last edited:
Update on Progress

Hey Pig peeps. I just wanted to post some updates on things accomplished. Though some of you might enjoy it. I have been doing the mini-truck axle swap and a power steering scout box setup for about a week and I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I have a question: Does anyone have a pic of the master cylinder from a mini that I can reference. I am not sure I have the room for this thing. It is huge. Anyway enjoy the pics...

I'll post more after I install some cabinets for the wife...
DSC02820.jpg
DSC02822.jpg
DSC02826.jpg

Update

I thought everyone might enjoy an update... I finally got done with the power steering setup as well as the mini disk conversion the last couple of weeks. This week I was able to get the brakes bled after weeks of having no luck, thanks Isaacjohnstar you have a golden foot! I also got some 33 TSL swampers that I put on this morning. I have flushed the whole driveline and put in all new fluids. I also timed the engine, I am still having some backfiring issues, not sure if the carb needs a clean or what... any ideas on that would be appreciated! I drove her for the first real time today for about an hour all around these amazing mountains we have up here and man I have to say driving a pig is a great experience! My next step is to figure out that backfiring thing and start on the interior/body work! I also may lengthen my shackles so I have a little more clearance as the tires can rub in tight spots.

*Well it looks like my Piggie is actually a 68, I checked the numbers and sure enough the frame checks out as a 68... I also figured out the latch system for my back seat that seems to only be a 68 Pig thing as Txjake has the same issue. Not the best engineering i have seen but it does work. I will post a pic as soon as my camera stops being weird.
DSC02852.jpg

Last edited:
2F head?

Sorry Guys I meant to put this in my past post but I am curious if I have a 2F head on my F engine. The head has ports in it and from other F's I have seen on some buddies rigs mine is different in a few ways. I have attached a picture of the ports but I figured this would be a really easy question for all you guys out there. Thanks
DSC02863.jpg

Question

Not sure what the question was, But are you talking about the air rail plugs? If you are desmoged they should be plugged, I welded the hole shut on mine.
Hope that helps

Sorry the question was did F heads have the ports because I haven't seen any original F heads with these. I was just curious if anyone knows if this might be a 2F head on my F engine...

Hey Vitesse, so are my air rail plugs not plugged?

Any idea if original F engines even had the air ports? Seems like everything I look up on mud seems to be 2F.?

Update On Pig Build

Hey Guys

I just wanted to let you see what I did this week. I got around to my rear bumper. Here are a few pics.
DSC02956.jpg
DSC02957.jpg
DSC02965.jpg

What?? No pics of the other piggy that came for a visit? I mean he came from a LONG way away!

Charles Visits

Haha Ok. I wasn't going to post this because the pic didn't turn out great but Why not. It isn't everyday there are two pigs in Kalispell Montana. This is Charles visiting my home last week. It was great to meet a fellow Pig lover. Thanks again for stopping by Charles.
Charles Visits.jpg

Lots of stuff to update you guys on.

I figure pics are worth a thousand words... so enjoy.

Sandblasting and welding in patches
DSC03131.jpg
DSC03150.jpg
DSC03152.jpg

more pics....

more sandblasting
DSC03155.jpg
DSC03177.jpg
DSC03184.jpg

more pics

some patches welded in, reinforced roof with extra bow and a little more. My roof didn't have anything up there when I got it so it was like a loud drum everytime you hit a bump.
DSC03202.jpg
DSC03170.jpg
DSC03205.jpg

more pics of progress

kbs coatings rust preventative process. A few steps but it turns out great.
DSC03233.jpg
DSC03234.jpg
DSC03239.jpg

getting it prepped for paint, then the paint.
DSC03247.jpg
DSC03251.jpg
DSC03254.jpg

more pics of progress

Sound deadener, actually frost shield but I got the idea from a musclecar builder. Works great. How about my cooler front seat... :p
DSC03258.jpg
DSC03261.jpg
DSC03265.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom