Builds New to me 14 GX460 Lux aspiring build thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

didn’t think to do that i did see the rivets getting the hammer out now 😬
You don’t need to cut those brackets off, just a few swings of a hammer and the rivets will break loose. Way cleaner than cutting, quicker (maybe?), and you could always put them back on. When I removed the lower valence cover I was hesitant to remove the brackets, just in case I wanted to put it back on. I don’t think I ever would, but not just cutting them off affords me that option.

@Ohio Nori that was the definitely the better path. banged off those brackets in about 3 minutes and then added the rubber trim to clean up the cut

IMG_7830.jpeg

IMG_7831.jpeg

IMG_7857.jpeg
IMG_7855.jpeg
IMG_7856.jpeg

first time trying my hand at vinyl wrap, far from perfect but i don’t think the handles came out too bad. going to try that chrome strip at the bottoms next

Reactions: r2m
Does the touch function still work? Looks great. Curious what vinyl you bought.
Black Matte Car Wrap Vinyl Roll with Air Release 3MIL-VViViD8 (2FT X 5FT) https://a.co/d/dsOaot3

this was the vinyl used.

Thanks! the touch function is unphased because i only covered the chrome and the touch is on the painted portion above the chrome and inside of the handle

did the chrome on the doors today, props to anyone who can do this for a living because this little bit that i did felt like it too me forever. I don’t think i’m going to do the window trim way mainly because of the rear quarter windows extreme curve.

for anyone that wants to try the back door chrome part that’s curved takes much much patience i still didn’t get it perfect but definitely starting to get the hang of it

IMG_7869.jpeg

IMG_7870.jpeg

IMG_7871.jpeg

did the chrome on the doors today, props to anyone who can do this for a living because this little bit that i did felt like it too me forever. I don’t think i’m going to do the window trim way mainly because of the rear quarter windows extreme curve.

for anyone that wants to try the back door chrome part that’s curved takes much much patience i still didn’t get it perfect but definitely starting to get the hang of it

View attachment 3310553

View attachment 3310554

View attachment 3310555
Do I see ditch lights on your mirrors?
If so, can you take a couple close-ups of them?

How you attached and wired them.
I attached with these brackets and the wiring goes through the fenders into the engine bay i’ll snap some pics for you in a bit

I attached with these brackets and the wiring goes through the fenders into the engine bay i’ll snap some pics for you in a bit

Those are very slick! I like them, perhaps even more than the hood mounted lights. They look like they would not catch as much brush on the trail.
When you fold in your mirrors are they still a narrow profile, meaning they don't stick out past the folded mirrors?

Those are very slick! I like them, perhaps even more than the hood mounted lights. They look like they would not catch as much brush on the trail.
When you fold in your mirrors are they still a narrow profile, meaning they don't stick out past the folded mirrors?
they stick out just as much as the mirror folded in so there’s no overhang

found more stuff to wrap i think i’m going to try to see if i can get the whole interior
IMG_7879.jpeg

IMG_7880.jpeg

IMG_7881.jpeg

I think I like that matte black over the factory bronze, sand, whatever they call that color.

I think I like that matte black over the factory bronze, sand, whatever they call that color.
same here, if i was actually good at it, it would look a lot better without all the creases lol. the tough part will be if i want to do the rest of the radio trim because of all the buttons and crevices. i may be motivated enough to try it but idk yet.

i need to find a black shift boot now

same here, if i was actually good at it, it would look a lot better without all the creases lol. the tough part will be if i want to do the rest of the radio trim because of all the buttons and crevices. i may be motivated enough to try it but idk yet.

i need to find a black shift boot now
How well is that vinyl stretching and contouring around edges, bends and compound curves?
I image you're using a heat gun?

How well is that vinyl stretching and contouring around edges, bends and compound curves?
I image you're using a heat gun?
it stretched pretty well from what I tried to do with it, as im going im starting to understand better how the curves need to be done with the stretching and heat that i didnt do on the first few pieces since they were still on the car it makes it a bit difficult to stretch around teh curves, and yes im using a heat gun with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom