Builds New to me 14 GX460 Lux aspiring build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have something similar to this and it's great!
My only issues is that I wish it had more buttons for some extra aux lighting I've been wanting.
I may just do a second one and use it just for lights.
Here's a picture of mine and where I located it.
View attachment 3181761
View attachment 3181765
I know it looks like the steering wheel pushes into it, but I think it's the camera angel and also the steering wheel is in the "parked" position (all they up and forward).
If you look carefully, it's just velcro'ed on there.
that looks nice too a little more discreet is always a plus

Reactions: r2m
here’s how i mounted it in the engine bay, with the cover on you can’t see any of it

62915290-DDE9-49F4-91F0-40D589CA603F.jpeg

CE80D728-FF7C-4686-8A0B-3BF878ECB2CC.jpeg

I generally hate messing with wiring so it seems like this is just a better solution than trying to figure out individual connections and switches as you add lights and air compressors and all that jazz.

I have something similar to this and it's great!
My only issues is that I wish it had more buttons for some extra aux lighting I've been wanting.
I may just do a second one and use it just for lights.
Here's a picture of mine and where I located it.
View attachment 3181761
View attachment 3181765
I know it looks like the steering wheel pushes into it, but I think it's the camera angel and also the steering wheel is in the "parked" position (all they up and forward).
If you look carefully, it's just velcro'ed on there.
I am having a difficult time finding a mount spot I’d be happy with. I may use my RAM mount track...

I am having a difficult time finding a mount spot I’d be happy with. I may use my RAM mount track...
What's your criteria for mounting? Visibility, ergonomics, ??
Personally I like not having extra lights glowing on my dash that I can see, and access is fine.
But I understand if you want it more viewable and easier access.
You could always mount it on your A pillar?

What's your criteria for mounting? Visibility, ergonomics, ??
Personally I like not having extra lights glowing on my dash that I can see, and access is fine.
But I understand if you want it more viewable and easier access.
You could always mount it on your A pillar?
No drilling holes, no adhesive on dash, not near knees, within arms reach without moving my head much while driving and or blocking vents/speakers. So my options are limited. LOL

Self imposed 1st world problem I know.

No drilling holes, no adhesive on dash, not near knees, within arms reach without moving my head much while driving and or blocking vents/speakers. So my options are limited. LOL

Self imposed 1st world problem I know.
i didn’t want to drill holes either that’s why i ordered this one, but it still waiting for it to arrive to see how i like it

night shot just for kicks, I also mounted up the ronin mirror ditch light brackets today, just havent wired them up until i get the switch panel which should hopefully be here next week

View attachment 3177991

View attachment 3177992
Question about the lower orange lights, do they throw much more than the stock ones? I find it’s almost not noticeable having the stock ones on while driving.
Link to what you put in there?

cheers

Question about the lower orange lights, do they throw much more than the stock ones? I find it’s almost not noticeable having the stock ones on while driving.
Link to what you put in there?

cheers
i got these for the fog lights, not sure if i shouldve went with the pro but i purchased the fog version, imo it goes further than the oem fogs for sure

Edit: and now that i think about it im going to try and see if i can exchange them for the pro version instead and get that extra output

Last edited:
i didn’t want to drill holes either that’s why i ordered this one, but it still waiting for it to arrive to see how i like it

Something like that, you shouldn't even need to drill any holes. A good 3M double sided tape will hold it securely through all the button pushing and bumping.
I like having mine Velcro, I can easily adjust it if needed and since it's adhesive, no holes.

Something like that, you shouldn't even need to drill any holes. A good 3M double sided tape will hold it securely through all the button pushing and bumping.
I like having mine Velcro, I can easily adjust it if needed and since it's adhesive, no holes.
yeah supposedly this one just gets sandwiched in so shouldnt be a need for holes or adhesive

took about a month but the mount from Ohana rig supply finally came. its actually really nice just pop off the vent and it gets sandwiched in there quite firmly, took about 5 min to get it on

89BD08E9-3E3E-471F-9C16-28AE5CCDF2F6.jpeg

57096BDD-1051-44F7-94BE-634348F31CB6.jpeg

Nice build so far! Following along!

Didn’t realize that this replaced the mid skid as well. overall my thoughts i like the ease of install other than the access panel the bolts for those are such a PITA to install and i’m sure im going to hate it when it comes time for an oil change. i broke off like 4 bolts removing the old skids but luckily this doesn’t use any of the factory bolt locations

80CEA04C-BC57-4BDE-A98B-6C56454D2728.jpeg

10C1FBBB-73C6-4CC6-8F2A-A9EC9FB0BCC3.jpeg

D52A512C-FBF5-4A20-96C6-8A0997A4B57C.jpeg

**My review for the skid on Victory website im case it doesn’t get approved and if anyone is interested**

purchased early november 2022 received mid December 2022. great turn around time for shipping. The skid is built very well. the installation of the rear side is a little intensive on the floor under the vehicle but doable.
My main gripe that took off 2 stars for me is the access panel. trying to fit your hands behind with the skid bolted up is impossible unless you have sticks for arms. bolting up the access panel was the worst experience and I dread the day i have to do an oil change and remove it for access.
There must be a better design for that panel, I know i’m not the only one deterred by it and i know quite a few people who after seeing mine decided not to go with victory. I have loved victory for all the other products i’ve purchased but on this one I’d probably do more research and try a different route

You could probably tack the nuts onto the back of the skid pretty easily. Right now it looks like it would be easier to just drop the whole skid than try to fish around with non-captive bolts/nuts on the top of the installed plate.

You could probably tack the nuts onto the back of the skid pretty easily. Right now it looks like it would be easier to just drop the whole skid than try to fish around with non-captive bolts/nuts on the top of the installed plate.
yeah i was thinking that too just don’t have a welder to do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom