New pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a new to me 76 FJ55 off the truck last night. Already run it half way around town with the windows down, getting a feel for her. This is what a truck is supposed to feel like, IMO!! No touch displays or leather seats🤣 Gonna be fun, and I’m sure, frustrating!
E576C64C-7143-4A06-8046-1CAB6ECD43AD.jpeg

Looks to be in amazingly good condition. Would like to see the interior and under the hood.

Congratulations! Looks like a real beauty. Looks like the one sold on BaT a few days ago. Welcome to the pig community and enjoy!
I think you are correct. IIRC @overton put that one on BAT.

Got a new to me 76 FJ55 off the truck last night. Already run it half way around town with the windows down, getting a feel for her. This is what a truck is supposed to feel like, IMO!! No touch displays or leather seats🤣 Gonna be fun, and I’m sure, frustrating!View attachment 3097644
Welcome to MUD!

What's the story? What got you into Pigs?

I think you are correct. IIRC @overton put that one on BAT.
Absolutely correct. First BaT buy for me and Greg Overton represented her very accurately. I’ve heard these babies rusted on the showroom floor and it’s not perfect, but I’ve seen a lot of Toyota frames on 5 year old Tacos that didn’t look close to this frame. Getting new KO2s installed tomorrow and will post an updated pic. Running like a champ.

That pig was formerly mine. I bought it in the early 2000s, did a bunch of rehab, had it painted, and sold it to Greg Overton many years ago.

@76 Pig - I have some photos from when I owned it, if you're interested (and Greg didn't send them to you). These are low-res photos from when you had 35mm film developed, and they sent you a free floppy disk with low-res digital images on it. But, they are photos....

Edit: ......such as this one from Nov. 2001. I still have the FJ40. The FJ60 I sold to a friend and it was hit head-on at 65 mph. He survived.

cruiserset.jpg

Last edited:
That pig was formerly mine. I bought it in the early 2000s, did a bunch of rehab, had it painted, and sold it to Greg Overton many years ago.

@76 Pig - I have some photos from when I owned it, if you're interested (and Greg didn't send them to you). These are low-res photos from when you had 35mm film developed, and they sent you a free floppy disk with low-res digital images on it. But, they are photos....

Edit: ......such as this one from Nov. 2001. I still have the FJ40. The FJ60 I sold to a friend and it was hit head-on at 65 mph. He survived.

View attachment 3103880
@PabloCruise that is fantastic!! I love any history I can get on my vehicles. Things like these FJ55 are not getting to be more prevalent, so we need to be good conservators while we enjoy them, as designed. I have added some KO2s as the old shoes were so u years old, and…I work for Michelin, so the competitors had to go😆 It is amazingly clean/solid underneath and is getting a little elbow-grease under there to keep it that way.

AFA97A11-6F72-4610-A73F-DBE4E1FE9C5E.jpeg

7639A40B-6171-41AD-9A5A-54BF47A65EFF.jpeg

EF383CE2-89DF-4BE9-A620-229F62E9A787.jpeg

554BC325-E398-43AB-874A-F667FC8F05A7.jpeg

@PabloCruise that is fantastic!! I love any history I can get on my vehicles. Things like these FJ55 are not getting to be more prevalent, so we need to be good conservators while we enjoy them, as designed. I have added some KO2s as the old shoes were so u years old, and…I work for Michelin, so the competitors had to go😆 It is amazingly clean/solid underneath and is getting a little elbow-grease under there to keep it that way.

View attachment 3107007

View attachment 3107008

View attachment 3107009

View attachment 3107010
@Steve H

View attachment 3103880
@SteveH I failed on my first response as I sent it to PabloCruise instead🤪 I added a couple pics from this week to show it with the new KO2 and as the interior looks today. Sorry for confusion in reply, but I’d love the pics you have, if possible. Thx!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom