New pig day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That’s the plan. Looks like the distributor is unique to the AFI kit, so that’s going to be replaced too.

Probably no quick solution to the throttle linkage? I can certainly cook something up but it would be nice to use factory parts.

Congrats @acy76 on getting your first 55! Looks like you landed a heck of a rig!

So concerning your future plans for paint - what is the color that it currently is, and is it factory? I don’t recall seeing many that color, might be worth keeping it if it’s the original color.
Thanks @RUSH55 I am happy with the truck so far. I haven't investigated the paint too closely yet but the majority of the body looks like brown primer. The roof is a shinier brown but the cut lines do not look factory at the windshield. Everywhere else is white that I have seen.

Was there a factory brown? Paint is quite a way off into the future, I am going to focus on mechanical first, then interior/exterior (bumpers and panel alignment) before paint.

EDIT: I should add that my preference is always to keep the factory paint, no matter the condition, however this truck is a mixture of body panels (the front fenders are different styles, for example--one has the marker light cutout and the other does not) and painted in what I suspect is primer, so considering painting it in this case.

Last edited:
Nebula Green. Not that oddball shade that Scrapdaddy used!
Jim 😱🤗

🤔 Huh. Nebula?

4B38625E-523E-49D2-BDAB-A4CA361BAE9B.jpeg

What does the inside of the fuel door look like?
9ECCDD8B-EC9F-4921-B530-DE9248C52377.jpeg
2B0E8BEA-D820-40E4-A4B3-B88CD5A847D1.jpeg
E3D20608-AC39-424F-AF2B-A797F274301D.jpeg

Left fender looks white under the brown. Inside the fuel door is brown-ish but this looks like poor paint/overspray on white to me.

The roof brown is much nicer and is over white but perhaps they are all white to begin with? The white cut line where it meets the roof brown is higher, as in thicker white paint that you can feel with your finger.

Hmmmmm….

Looks like there’s been a lot of re-paints.

I’m wondering if that color inside the fuel door might be beige.(?)
The brown is definitely NOT original, so we can dismiss that.
Could be? Inside the door jambs is white, although there are a couple grey spots poking through, hard to say if one is on top of the other.

Agree on lots of painting. As I mentioned, this has body parts from at least two trucks on it.

Door jams on all two-tone Pigs would be white from the factory.

Concering body and paint, I have front fenders that don't match, one has a marker light and one does not. Is one especially more rare than the other (as in, should I not attempt to cut or fill a hole but instead look for a new fender)?

Concering body and paint, I have front fenders that don't match, one has a marker light and one does not. Is one especially more rare than the other (as in, should I not attempt to cut or fill a hole but instead look for a new fender)?
Not certain no matter the fender you find it's gonna have some unwanted holes... grins... if it's rust free plug it...;)

Not certain no matter the fender you find it's gonna have some unwanted holes... grins... if it's rust free plug it...;)
I was actually leaning toward cutting a hole for the marker light and running them.

I like the marker lights and the ones in the grille.
Looking at your 55 pics... nice... You've most likely got the OEM fender on the right, and the left is replacement? Plus your wiring loom is fender light wired... I'd cut the hole in the left fender... my above post about plugging it was short sighted.. but I admittedly lean OEM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom