New Hood to Bib Rubber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well the other day I finally got fed up with the look of the hood cushion rubber.

DSC01778.JPG

These are original from '73 so replacement after 42 years isn't too bad. I still had some 3/16" rubber left over from my fuel tank modification. I cut the rubber into two 1/2" x 10" and ground tappers on the ends.

DSC01784.JPG

Installation was simply a matter of threading the new piece through the slots.

DSC01785.JPG

DSC01786.JPG

DSC01787.JPG

So now I don't have to look at worn out cushions and the best part is I didn't need to spend any additional money to do it. :)

nice!

PO of my ole 45LPB used some old fan belt cut to fit...I left it, it fit the truck ;)

Well the other day I finally got fed up with the look of the hood cushion rubber.

View attachment 1062883
These are original from '73 so replacement after 42 years isn't too bad. I still had some 3/16" rubber left over from my fuel tank modification. I cut the rubber into two 1/2" x 10" and ground tappers on the ends.

View attachment 1062886
Installation was simply a matter of threading the new piece through the slots.

View attachment 1062887
View attachment 1062888
View attachment 1062889

So now I don't have to look at worn out cushions and the best part is I didn't need to spend any additional money to do it. :)
Very nice use of left-over parts--I like this idea

Pretty much the same thing, only I cut up one of the many rubber bungees I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom