New FJ55 owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That would be a very long build thread. Did I mention that I've had this Pig for 38 years? And started modding it on day 1? There was a few pages of thread on Pirate when we did the SOA and installed the doubler, that was 20 years ago and the link doesn't work anymore.

yall my kind of people. lol So do I get the spring over kit for FJ40 or FJ60? because ruffstuff only lists those

yall my kind of people. lol So do I get the spring over kit for FJ40 or FJ60? because ruffstuff only lists those
you want to go SOA already?
WARNING: SOA Pigs look silly on anything smaller than 37" tires. A straight six has trouble turning 37s with 4.11 gearing (in my experience). Are you going to do the cut & turn and weld it in? For an SOA you'll probably need a lot of other stuff to do it right (front discs, fine spline axles, knuckles, hubs, power steering, Hi-steer etc.)
You have the same axle housings as a 40.

What size tires are those?
And what shackles?

I’m completely ignorant when it comes to tires. Add it to my auto electric knowledge.

BFG KO2’s LT265/75R16

Shackles I have no idea, also came with Marge. They are one of the last things I’m going to get rid of as far as suspension because she’s still a little squirrelly. At least I’m going to try that as it was recommended as something that may help. Every thing I’ve tried has helped a slight bit.

Hijack over …

you want to go SOA already?
WARNING: SOA Pigs look silly on anything smaller than 37" tires. A straight six has trouble turning 37s with 4.11 gearing (in my experience). Are you going to do the cut & turn and weld it in? For an SOA you'll probably need a lot of other stuff to do it right (front discs, fine spline axles, knuckles, hubs, power steering, Hi-steer etc.)
You have the same axle housings as a 40.

Well s*** I didnt realize I would have to do a whole rebuild to get some lift lol guess I will hold off on that for now and see how everything pans out. So many plans with it and so little time!

I would suggest weighing your pig if go with Alcans. Give them a call and they will give you a better idea what to do and what you are getting yourself into. I have a 4" inch lift with Alcan springs. I like it but it's not for everyone. If had to do it again I think I would go wit 3" lift. I don't run 37 or 35's, I kinda done wit that size tire on a 40

I also have a SOA with 35's on a 45 and I really like it better than the alcans. Not as stiff but it's on 45 not a 40 is all I can say. Dobinsons makes a really nice ride if go factory or 2" lift.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom