New FJ45 owner (as of March 2022) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It should not leak through the threads (unless someone drilled the holes through) but if the bolts are too long you can’t torque the cover down properly.

Pls share. Thanks!
This is mine if it helps:

1656689943089.png

It should not leak through the threads (unless someone drilled the holes through) but if the bolts are too long you can’t torque the cover down properly.
I see, so the holes don’t come drilled all the way through from factory? Mine were all drilled through like pic below, I think even the two that had studs (I broke one and replaced it). I had assumed they were like knuckle housing holes, all drilled through.

1656690162560.png

It’s been a while since I performed any diff work. I don’t remember them being drilled through.

Great find... its really taking shape. All the cool cars are in Cali.... George is an amazing dude...

Studs should go all the way through.? But I'm getting old. Lol
Run some toyota black fipg if your concerned about leaks. Tighten the studs up with double nuts.
Mike

It’s been a while since I performed any diff work. I don’t remember them being drilled through.
Studs should go all the way through.? But I'm getting old. Lol
Run some toyota black fipg if your concerned about leaks. Tighten the studs up with double nuts.
Mike
I checked on our ‘77 today, and the holes are definitely through, I can feel the studs from inside the housing. And I think the studs are bigger compared to the ‘65 that I’m missing.

and will take your advice, I will put some fipg on the studs.

Getting ready to drop the transmission to rebuild the transfer case. Don’t like how the PO butchered the floor panel and transmission hump to install the SBC. While I’m at I’m thinking of replacing clutch, rear main seal, oil pan gasket, oil pump and water pump.

How is the original gap between the transfer case to the floor panel? Trying to understand how the transmission was moved in comparison to the original position. And are there better ways of modifying the transmission hump?

There is very little rust so it’s not a disaster.
AE5EFEE8-5496-4D85-ADDC-A43A4C0F7DA0.jpeg

0B4972E8-DFAF-4278-90F1-A9940A8E16BB.jpeg

F03E37BB-88AA-4E69-A53C-CFE2CA8517B7.jpeg
7E018C67-7BD2-45AC-874D-BF94E56F3EA2.jpeg

C66BD0B1-1149-4825-98B7-021D53D92165.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom