New Fiberglass FJ40 roofs on ebay anyone know about them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wow started out at $375 was going to sell my Soft top on CL to pay for a top. My wife was on board with that plan.:clap: Then the price doubled.:doh: Started saving up for the additional amount. Just checked back and now fricken $1500 !!!:flipoff2: Moving on.
There is a fiberglass fix for the top if you have a good top but want to bypass the steel rain gutter (my issue)that is still within reach. $350 http://landcruiserspecialties.com/fiberglass/

$1500 will get you a complete top with doors in most parts. Other companies are selling for $750 ish... Know it's business, but that's not competitive.

The hard top on my truck only cost $200... Complete with a 1/2 decent glass top.

Last edited:
I wonder how much that top with sides is from landcruiser specialties?

Me too, I just emailed them. I am looking for a solution to a one-piece top and my rig is not original so the most weather-tight and rust-proof option is the best for me. I also asked them if they can make the custom after-market top with high windows as a one piece unit with the sides. Although I bet the price may prove this to be less interesting than the theory.

:cheers:

Wow, $1500 is steep. I get that they are not n the business to make friends and to cut deals, but that's overkill markup. I'll stick with getting my hardtop redone with someone local.

Ya I think so in theory too. I would like an all fiberglass one just to have one less thing to worry about rusting. Maybe another company will start making them for a decent price...I doubt it though, 40's are starting to get pretty old and rare. In NY if you see a 40 its like seeing a dodo bird or something lol. And if you do...they are rusted bad or been chopped up with horribly done mods. Yea basically my drip rails are what need to be fixed, I bought the rivets, need to decide on a drip rail set.

Ya I think so in theory too. I would like an all fiberglass one just to have one less thing to worry about rusting. Maybe another company will start making them for a decent price...I doubt it though, 40's are starting to get pretty old and rare. In NY if you see a 40 its like seeing a dodo bird or something lol. And if you do...they are rusted bad or been chopped up with horribly done mods. Yea basically my drip rails are what need to be fixed, I bought the rivets, need to decide on a drip rail set.

Someone should check out prices from...
http://www.malotmfg.com/

Landcruiser Specalties appears to sell their stuff for less than $1500

Does anyone know if r0adki111 still makes the fiberglass tops? I sent a p.m. but never got a response so I'm wondering if he's still on here

If not does anyone have any other alternatives besides the $1,600 one I saw at Classic Cruisers

Here's a question, does anyone know if there's a Ambulance Hardtop for sale anywhere in the USA that's not rusted out? Where to look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom