New Fiberglass FJ40 roofs on ebay anyone know about them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

picked up new roof today

I saw new fiberglass roofs on ebay for $375 the rain gutter is part of the roof. This seems like a great deal does anyone know about them? I am in the need for a new roof /rain gutter and this price is about the same as I would pay for just the gutter. here is the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Land...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d8320cd7&vxp=mtr

Well I just got home from the freight company with my roof and I have to say it looks great! Possibly not the bright finnish as a new factory or a $2,000 all fiberglasss roof from another maker but for what he is charging these are great. Now I just need to determine what type of headliner and put the visor on then install it. Right now I am a happy customer.

Checking in to see if anyone had pictures of one of these roofs installed in their Cruiser yet?

Well I just got home from the freight company with my roof and I have to say it looks great! Possibly not the bright finnish as a new factory or a $2,000 all fiberglasss roof from another maker but for what he is charging these are great. Now I just need to determine what type of headliner and put the visor on then install it. Right now I am a happy customer.

I do not know how to insert pictures of my FJ40 with the roof installed but they are on the companies web site. It is a red 1971 FJ40 and as of now the only pictures of a customer installed one on there.
WWW. FJ40tops.com is the web address I think, if not it is listed on one of the previous pages in this discussion.

Last edited:
It would not be that difficult to have a troopy top made if they are doing the fj40 top already. All you need is a troopy top. Having worked a little bit with fiberglass (mostly as a customer), all they would do is repair any imperfections on an existing top, wax it down and then put a gel coat and fiberglass on to of if. Then they peal the fiberglass off the top and wa-la you have a female/mold exactly the same dimensions of the real thing. Its called "splashing a mold". I used to make fiberglass skate ramps and we would build them out of melamine and bond to exactly what we wanted. Then we had a mold splashed off of it and started producing product off of the mold.

Still selling them. Shipping costs are kind of expensive but we're working on getting it down. We did get a couple of pictures from a forum member here though! Thank you very much Jim, glad you are happy. Nice rig :)

http://www.fj40tops.com/photo-gallery/
Say if I we're to drive up there this weekend would you have a roof in stock that I could pick up? Or would it be better to put in a order for one?

Say if I we're to drive up there this weekend would you have a roof in stock that I could pick up? Or would it be better to put in a order for one?

We don't have any stock on hand. We are making them regularly and they are going out the door regularly. It would be great if you would like to drive up and get one, we just need to get the pick up date all scheduled up with you.

So was curious why the big jump in price?

$640ish to $1400..... that is a big jump.

too much for me now. darn.

The web site says free shipping to 48 states...

Was it 640 plus shipping before?

No, the original price was $375. They have doubled it twice, apparently because they couldn't keep up with demand.

I imagine a 400% price increase will slow demand a bit . . .

Just like any business he isn't in the market to make friends but to make money.

I was planning on picking one up but $1400 is too steep for me even if it included shipping.

Agreed. Too steep for me.

Still looking for a top.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom