New coolant routing-delving into stupidity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've only got a few pieces I'm missing to get this project installed. Need to get my second article for the bracket because first had a glaring error. The ball valves aren't supposed to get here til Fri :(

I have the manifold to still get along with the industrial Schrader but I have to wait until I get the manifold to make sure it will work. Also still need to pick up some Gates Green Stripe.

And of course my Ron Davis Radiator is about to be shipped :flipoff2:

NLXTACY-
What is it you are trying to filter out of the antifreeze, or is it just a matter of filter is better than no filter? Also, the filter has an auto bypass in the event it is plugged up?

It's a parallel tap/discharge to the regular line so if it clogged, it would be the same as the system is now without the parallel line tapped in.

^this.

This is NOT a new project. If you read my very first post you will see where I got the idea and further inspiration from. RICH, who originally did this 6+ years ago, suffered a pretty bad blow health wise. I loved the idea and asked for the measurements so I could keep the mod alive. It took me another few years before I could finally work on it. Now that I can, I will do this plus a bunch of other ideas I have.

I haven't even discussed the radiator mister yet :flipoff2: :grinpimp:

image.jpg
image.jpg
Some toys just came in. Smaller nipple, the T block and two ball valves. After looking at the block, it seems there may be enough material to get a Schrader valve into this.

Stopped off at Napa and got 12' of Gates Green Stripe 28441 5/8" heater hose and a couple of these 5/8" heater hoses that will help make my project complete. Getting closer ;)
image.jpg

like this guys

Very similar. When the motor is over heating I don't care about the efficiency of the condenser so I'm not trying to cool it down. Plus the condenser, if I'm not moving (or moving fast), only blocks the misting from getting to the radiator. So I've mounted my misters in between the radiator and the condenser and pointed 45º toward the radiator at the top since the top of the radiator is the warmest part.

I also went with Parker Presto-Lok fittings and Nylon tubing. The misters are from an industrial application. I want this to last as long as the truck does :flipoff2:

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
RD radiator was harder to install than it was to take out :p

It's now mounted and waiting for hoses to be attached. As you can see, the nozzles have been adjusted and pointing where I want them :grinpimp:

foam foam foam

(still missing on our LX :rolleyes:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom