Builds A New 55 Owner Intro (cgn1976 thread) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys ... New owner of a 73 here in Toronto canada
Just picked this beautiful 55 from a guy in British Columbia. Its a fully restored frame off that is about to go frame-off again

I like 40's .... I just love these Piggies

I will be parting out a LOT of this truck ...

IMG_9121 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just picked this beautiful 55 from a guy in British Columbia. Its a fully restored frame off that is about to go frame-off again

I can see the need for the re-restoration. Looks like she’s been ridden hard and put away wet.

1606582887884.png

Tells us more!
It sounds like you have some pretty definite plans if you are going to re-restore and part out?

Morning Gents ...
Let me introduce myself ... My name is Steve and I have numerous issues LOL
The main issue I have is I am addicted to building cars, the 2nd issue is (and this is the main one) I am very OCD, meaning everything has to be perfect or it drives me crazy !! So it has to look perfect and it has to drive perfectly.... FOR ME , and again what I mean by that is I aim to have the cars with enough or lots of power, brake very well and have all the modern conveniences, but done in a very clean and tasteful way depending on the look I am after.

So if you haven't spent much time over on the 40 Forums
Here are the 2 builds I just completed over the past couple of years

73' ... Just sold on BAT to one of our members here actually

IMG_7783 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_7762 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_7533 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

IMG_7857 by Steve Heck, on Flickr

So this 55 has been completely restored, BUT not with original interior nor the drivetrain which makes it a fantastic candidate for my next build.

So here is my plan;

Look and feel - slightly on the Resto side, keeping with the original overall look and feel of the truck. Just a few changes on the outside ...
Making this truck the ultimate sleeper ...

Again ... This build will be super clean and very tastefully done

700HP LSA with Billet assembly
New 6L80 6 speed
60 series power steering conversion
Advance Adapters
NEW Split case from Japan
OME with FOX2.0 shocks
PSI Harness
Wilwood 6 Piston
E-Stopp
Dakota Digital HDX
Custom CNC billet dash
Recaro M Houndstooth 2x2
Full custom interior
Spark Industries Truss polished wheel
Electric-Life power windows
Resto-Mod Air Vapir 3S with Reactor Controls
AAW HWY22 chassis harness
Switch Pro's SP9100 electronic switch panel
4X4 Labs rear bumper
4Plus front bumper
Custom Wheelsmith smoothie wheels

Thanks Guys !!

Hey Steve, nice workmates! What are you connecting the e-stopp to? El Dorado calipers?

Thinking about it ... Going with the BTB rear GM disc conversion, does someone have any suggestions / brackets for the secondary callipers ??

Cheers
Steve

So ..... decided to make some changes to the plan
Going to do a 3 link front and a 4 link rear
Also, may have a line on another 55 here locally ... crossing my fingers

Guess I better start a Build link here ...

Sheck44,

Question.... is this build just another vehicle to sell when done like the 40's or are you keeping it. No difference to me, just would like to know your intent business or personal?

Ron! No! Seems like this was going everywhere except CNN direction. Not intended to you
Lol...I ran this thing off the rails pretty good myself last week so I figured it was a little collateral damage! Plus Shek44 is building some pretty badass rigs! I think my thread title may lead people to believe this is the general new 55 owner intro thread. Anyway, can't wait to see the new build thread and to drive this bus into another ditch soon!

Btw, throw out bearing replaced today at no charge. Pig rolling in mud again over here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom