Nason 653 color. Olive GREEN, UGLY (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
everywhere I have looked it says olive brown. I painted mine and it is baby**** green. I really liked the brown, highly disappointed when it turned out green. WTF??????
Nason acrylic enamel 1974 toyota 653. GAWD help me.:censor:
friends have said that is so ugly it looks cool....

worthless.gif

In my relentless search i to find a colour for my 1977 FJ55 I have found that Paint code 254 Relates to Cygnus White and four colours for T653!!
1976 Olive 45228
1975-76 Olive 44286
1977 Olive 45321
1975 Cicilian green CJ35
Can anyone tell me which one is the darkest and ill go with that?
Mick

I sure hope that these are the same mixture. I have a gallon of 653 sicilian that I bought hoping for this
120.jpg
IMG_1460.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty sure you got the same colour as the one on the bottom.
Mick

Update! Those numbers starting with 45xxx are Dupont internal numbers and they all mean the same thing Olive 653 even Cicilian green is the same mix, How ever there was a Bronze Olive used from 1974 to 1981 under the code 262, 276 and you guessed it 653. She could not tell me what year it was used under what number. This was Dupont, Melbourne Australia.
Mick

Last edited:
Got it painted....
Picture 5617.jpg
Picture 5598.jpg

I think it looks sweet, that color has class

This is (was?) Bull's rig. I don't think it's a great representation of 653 Olive Green. It looks brown to me.

attachment.php

If you got Baby-poop brown, that's 653 Olive. If you find it listed as Olive Brown, that is a mistake, IMO. All the greens start with a 6.

The ones in 2fpower's posts are much closer, though the fj45 looks light.

Best cruiser color evah!

Just some info on my 653 experience. My 77 is original paint olive. I bought a quart of PPG 653 from my local supplier about 3 years ago and repainted a quarter panel. It matched the original color perfect. I went back and got another quart this past summer to paint the other quarter. It wasnt even close to match. I took the gas door from the first quart repaint and the mismatch paint back to supplier. After a lot of checking he discovered that PPG had sent out new formula computer disk after they changed from Omni to Shopline. The new formula was different. He was able to resurect the old formula, mixed it up and it was perfect match again. He made note of the problem but dont know if he followed up with PPG. Just beware if PPG 653 doesn't look right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom