Mystery 1976 distributor..? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1976 FJ-40 with this distributor on it. The part number on the bottom is 1924236 D9 and there is no vacuum advance. I was not expecting to find this distributor on this 76 year model. Anyone familiar with it? I am looking to up-grade just was curious about this distributor with no vacuum advance.
IMG_4520.jpg
IMG_4530.jpg
IMG_4559.jpg

Looks like an old GM Delco distributor. I would get rid of it and find a Toyota distributor ASAP. I would find the correct '76 dissy if you want to go stock (shouldn't be hard), or upgrade to the late FJ40/FJ60 full electronic system. You'll need the later ignitor and engine side cover to make the swap.

Splangy said:
Looks like an old GM Delco distributor. I would get rid of it and find a Toyota distributor ASAP. I would find the correct '76 dissy if you want to go stock (shouldn't be hard), or upgrade to the late FJ40/FJ60 full electronic system. You'll need the later ignitor and engine side cover to make the swap.

What he said. Though since you not stock don't go with 76. Stick with any 79-87 40 or 60 series dizzy.

78 or 79 will fit without the dented side cover. Just need the ignitor for the electronic dizzy.

As I recall, the dizzy you have should be thrown as far as you can into the bushes outside the garage...the important part, that many people forget, is to throw rocks and yell bad words after it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom