My TLC experience (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most h55s we use are stock moder toyota ones, I think they would be considered a 70 series top cover.

Karl is right on everything else.

I've got zero clue what that tranny and t-case came out of. Something pointed to coming from Australia, but I don't remember what did that.

Most h55s we use are stock moder toyota ones, I think they would be considered a 70 series top cover.

Karl is right on everything else.
Very good thanks for the confirmation. I am figuring there is gonna be some transmission tunnel surgery regardless.

Very good thanks for the confirmation. I am figuring there is gonna be some transmission tunnel surgery regardless.

This what my tunnel looked like after PRLC fixed the PO hack job.

68628.jpeg

I think Jeremiah said they use a 70 series shift boot, and they put rivnuts into to fasten it down.

Went on a semi local trail ride in the snow.

Got stuck a couple of times, once pulling out a Power Wagon, the other because I parked in a dumb spot.

Holy hell lockers change how things go.

20230218_095449.jpg

20230218_094246.jpg

20230218_095500.jpg

20230218_101724.jpg

This was about a third of the parking that was occupied. I was told there was 100 people pre registered
20230218_123947.jpg

Can somebody explain to me Ford Raptor people? There was about ten of them, and they were pounding on those pickups. I mean POUNDING. 50 mph through a plowed field covered in snow. Do they think stickers, fender flares, and shiny shocks turns it into a trophy truck? 😆

I've seen oil come out of the air lines a lot as well. Mine do it sometimes. Just be aware if the solenoids puke oil or the breather does. Pretty common thing as I have seen.

I was thinking about this for whatever reason.

I wonder if it makes sense to add a catch can in line. It'd be pressurized when the lockers are engaged. Which might not be a good thing. But, it'd help oil from back feeding back to the solenoid.

I was thinking about this for whatever reason.

I wonder if it makes sense to add a catch can in line. It'd be pressurized when the lockers are engaged. Which might not be a good thing. But, it'd help oil from back feeding back to the solenoid

Meh. I don't think I'd bother unless your lines start puking oil.

Can somebody explain to me Ford Raptor people? There was about ten of them, and they were pounding on those pickups. I mean POUNDING. 50 mph through a plowed field covered in snow. Do they think stickers, fender flares, and shiny shocks turns it into a trophy truck? 😆
Not that I own one or ever would, But Raptors were designed to run Stock Class Baja 1000, factory stock.

Not that I own one or ever would, But Raptors were designed to run Stock Class Baja 1000, factory stock.
Am I incorrect in thinking it's just an F150 with fender flares, shiny shocks and stickers?

They're only $80k. Which if you put $80k into an F150 in drive line, suspension, gusseting and adding bracing, you might have something.

What's a trophy truck cost nowadays? $300k? These guys thought Ivan was watching. 😆

Am I incorrect in thinking it's just an F150 with fender flares, shiny shocks and stickers?

They're only $80k. Which if you put $80k into an F150 in drive line, suspension, gusseting and adding bracing, you might have something.

What's a trophy truck cost nowadays? $300k? These guys thought Ivan was watching. 😆
Lol, no they're not trophy trucks but certainly more than a basic F150 with shocks and stickers.

Last edited:

Pardon the slight Raptor highjack

Hold my Schlitz bro

To be fair, there are plenty of stupid Land Cruiser driver videos out there.

But yeah

Her top came off again.

20230325_115725.jpg

I dropped the roof cap off to get a headliner installed. I'm looking forward to crossing that one off the list. Should be done and back on tomorrow if things go well.

20230324_142620.jpg

Extended the wires from the console to the dash and got the switches wired for the lockers. I've got them setup to run independently, so I can run the front without having to engage the rear first. ARB is setup where the rear has to be engaged first.

I think I also want to run an indicator light for both axles. My EGR/Seatbelt/Parking brake indicators are currently dead and not in use. It'd be trick to use those indicators for the diff locks. Not sure how to go about modifying the lens though. Thinking about 3D printing them. Maybe make a mould on the cnc and cast it in resin. Might be able to polish the screen printing off the original and have a small sticker cut too.

Decided to F around and find out on the way home with Baby Shart and hit the minimum maintenance road by my house with no tracks.... Turned out to be a poor life choice, and I put way too much faith in a choker and a piece of brush to winch myself out. 😆

20230325_164811.jpg

20230325_170027.jpg

Got absolutely NOTHING done at work this weekend. 😂

Headliner is installed and the cap is bolted back down. I'm not thrilled with the result, but it's good enough I guess.

20230326_154852.jpg

20230326_154859.jpg

Got the GMRS radio mounted, but not powered up yet. I need to run power to the console for power to the switches for relays anyways, so I might stuff a couple of 12V outlets under the seat somewhere out of sight.

20230326_104832.jpg

And I have speakers finally in the front.
I still need to build an enclosure for the rear, but that'll be semi easy.

Marked out the door card location with tape.
20230326_121704.jpg

Whacked some holes in with zee big German robot.

20230326_132643.jpg

And mounted up. This isn't a great solution. I think I need to make a plate to strengthen the back of the door card. Something that I can put some threaded inserts into. Even something ¼" thick would be adequate. I think I also should've slid them back a hair.

20230326_125515.jpg

I still need to finish off the radio face plate.
But I've got tunes!
The speakers are wicked close to the window when it's rolled all the way down. Clearing is clearing though.

20230326_154912.jpg

Last edited:
I need more power points.

Punched a couple of holes with a step bit in the console mounting bracket between the seat frame and the underside of the console and put in a couple of 12V outlets.

I'm thinking I'll do one constant power for things like phone charging, and the other I'll put on the key for the com radio.

Pretty happy that worked out. They're a bit of a pecker to get at, but that's fine. They're out of sight and low key.

20230402_133329.jpg

20230402_133348.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom