My new 1976..Finally a turn key 40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi to all,this its my 4th Land cruiser since i start here on IH8MUD in March 2008. 1 a FJ60 1987 big plans to build a camping rig but all acc. very expensive and not many places to find parts..now my DD. Then buy my 1 FJ40 1971...1F.. 3 on tree..:rolleyes:..not what i want it...:D trade it for a FJ40 1980 2F..4 speed..Saginaw PS...turn it on a slow resto..:frown::confused:..not a body guy or welder,,so almost i lost patient and help...:crybaby:.....then i sold my 1994 Toyota 4x4 pick up and with my bonus check from my work....i found a

Turn Key 1976 FJ40...wow i can't be more :hillbilly: happy....It's have 4" Skyjacker suspension, ARB rear locker and pump, Safari Snorkel, full canvas top,rear tail gate storage with keys, Best-top center console, 4+ Rear Swing bumper (old style) came with Warn 8274 Winch and syntetic rope, headers..EZ Wiring Harness..
The last owner told me that was built in Colorado,but no idea where..
Anyway I'm was busy those days installing the ARB OLD Style front bumper, CB ant., Warn 8274-50 that i upgrade the selenoids wires from 4 ga to 2 ga and a main power to 1/0 with 300 Amp. fuse....next plans Saginaw PS, Metal Tech full cage..LTB 34x10.50x17 on FJ steelies....the list never ends..:meh:..thanks for all the inf and the feeling driving this old FJ40..its something that you just understand if you have ONE....:cheers:
001.jpg
P1030179.jpg
P1030217.jpg

Last edited:
The battery wiring almost make me cry..when i open the hood...now its showing a decent JOB....:)
P1030241.jpg
P1030289.jpg
P1030296.jpg

Last edited:
Well i start last Thursday and finish today by 11 00 AM..its enough for 4 days in a row....:popcorn: Enjoy the new Change:beer:
002.jpg
P1030286.jpg
P1030281.jpg

Nice work with the crimpers and welding cable! That should be a lot more reliable now.

I love the look of the ARB bars too.

And of course I like your new body colour too. :D

Thanks !!! you know one thing..every time that i jump inside its have a special smell..like my father 4 cil. 1965 J**P...my mind fly back to Puerto Rico when i was a child and i enjoy the coffee farm that my family has...i believe i never will sell this 1976 and if i move back to PR i will take the 40 with me. In the past i drove a lot of 4x4..i know that here the Heep world its for make jokes but i have a CJ5 1978 with 20k originals miles and original paint that my father buy it new and its have a sentimental value for me than any $

Congratulations! It looks great.

Nice One!

Nice one, I see you went for it after all. There's a lot to be said for being able to drive it!

B Bsmith...its not was easy...8 hours driving from here and 10 back,with the trailer..almost 900 miles in total,,but im glad that i buy it !! thanks..

more changes to the inside harness

The inside wiring when i first got the 40,just call me for fix electrical problems.....no wipers, no flashers,no blower,also i change the light knob to the original location and install the oem wiper switch, no lights at the cluster.Now its look better and the way that should be.:D
P1030171.jpg
P1030269.jpg
P1030278.jpg

Nice ride ...

What happen to the Piaa lights that were on the front bumper, they up for sale ?

:beer:

the PIAA lights are sold( pending sale locally) the bumper and nose guard are for sale,but shipping its the ?..or mud ship.i would prefer pick it up

beautiful cruiser, looks great.

the PIAA lights are sold( pending sale locally) the bumper and nose guard are for sale,but shipping its the ?..or mud ship.i would prefer pick it up

Where in Orlando are you? I'm a little more than an hour away and could use some parts for my '76. Has a rear bumper from a chevy as a front bumper right now....

Thanks for the nice words,coolerman its a EZ Wiring harness that came with it.
JB740i...you just ask on time..i plan to go to Wilwood town this sunday to see my friend Dennys,he have a 40 1971 on Rockwell Axles. if you want i can take the bumper and nose guard with me and we can meet in some point between Inverness and I-75 or near DEnnys house,,just pm me and i send my phone number. The guy that plan to buy the PIAA don't show up,so still for sale also.. Thanks to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom