My HJ60 Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fitted the transmission to transfer bypass hose today, have been getting lots of oil in the transmission with the input seal weeping the tacho cable jumping, hopefully this will sort some of that out
IMG_20210623_172432.jpg

Hey, just caught up with this. Good to see a Tassie Cruiser. Looks like you're doing a good job getting it up to scratch.
I like the 70 series bumper you got to fit. It was almost impossible to find a bumper in Tas when I removed the big bit of fence that was stuck on the front. Everyone had fitted bars years ago and chucked the old bumpers. My mates warned me I would need the front bar when I 'hit a big fella' - but not too many roos around here.
I've got the '4WD Tracks in Tasmania' book next to me here, staring at me, making me sick. Wish I was there. Greetings from Sausage Side. Todd

Been doing a bit of work on the wiper motor. Mine failed, cracked around the hub where the metal shaft joins to the gear. I couldn't get a new one, so I got another used one but it was broken in the same place. So I took it to a machine shop and got them to make a press fit sleeve to fit over the hub to hold the sine together and keep it from turning in the hole. I then had to modify the gearbox cover to house the bigger hub. So now I have got this on the car and will see how well it lasts.
IMG_20210806_171709.jpg
IMG_20210806_204117.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom