My HJ60 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have had my 60 for about a year now and have decided to start a build thread on it, to help keep track of what I've done and share it with you guys.
I Don't really use it for wheeling, just my DD, do a lot of towing and driving round the farm. so my 'build' isn't really a restoration or sick wheeling rig build, just a record of maintenance, fixes and small mods. As I said I have had it for about a year and have done a fair bit to it, so I plan on putting a few posts up shortly backlogging some of the work I have done.
Thanks for looking I hope you enjoy it.
First pic is of the old girl when I first got her.
Screenshot_20210422_152316.jpg

First service! Changed all the filters and used OEM, pic is of OEM vs Ryco fuel filters. Even a good quality brand filter is much smaller and lesser quality with OEM, stick with Toyota.
And I don't this this on had been cha ged in a while by the look of it!
Also added a secondary primer pump onto the prefilter, which has helped me out of a few sticky situations
Screenshot_20210422_184251.jpg

Fixed up the flogged out tow bar. The tounge would slide back and forth in the towbar, as the pin hole was flogged out to an oval from years of use. The origional pin was a standard 16mm, the largest section of the hole was 19mm so I got a 19mm tractor linkage pin. Then took to the drawbar with a dremel and tungsten carbide cutter and rounded out the hole so it was a nice round 19mm. Then slip the new pin in and it great! No more slop in the hitch and no more trailer banging back and forth when braking.
IMG_20210423_174326.jpg
IMG_20210423_174336.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom