Builds My Hawaiian GX Barely Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Aloha 120 series family! Just picked up this little beauty and added it to my growing Land Cruiser family. I am the proud new 2nd owner of this 2009 GX470 Sport package with 76,000 miles on it. The PO went all out on the options and is super clean inside and out.
image.jpeg

I titled this my barely build because it will stay mostly stock for the near future. But thinking of upgraded suspension, new tires and removing the running boards eventually.
This will be my daily driver and I love it. My previous DD was a Mini Cooper, but was getting tired of the two door setup while hauling around my little ones and of the lack of any real cargo space. So I said goodbye to my Mini.......
image.jpeg

......and traded it in for this gem that came up for sale and had all of the things I wanted in a daily driver.
image.jpeg

This definitely won't be the most exciting build thread, but will cover any mods big or small that I get done. It will primarily be photos of this pretty little Prado out and about around its island home of Oahu.

This will be the third member of our Land Cruiser family and will be competing for garage space with these two other guys. A 1995 FZJ80, which will be our trail and beach explorer. And an 1986 HJ60, which will be an ongoing resto/rehab project.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Here's a little back story how I recently discovered the 120 series Land Cruisers. I spent this last summer in Sri Lanka. And I kept seeing these pretty little Prado's all over the country, especially in the remote eastern province where I spent most my stay. I would see them driving up and down the beach or racing past my tuk tuk on the road.
image.png

image.jpeg

I may have been envious of all those Prado's I was seeing because this was my ride while I was there.
image.jpeg

But I think I just really wished I had a Land Cruiser when we came uncomfortably close to the local wildlife in our tuk tuk...
image.jpeg

Or came to the end of the road that the tuk tuk could go and could have really used a Land Cruiser to push deeper into some incredible remote beaches....
image.jpeg

So after my stay in Sri Lanka this summer, I fell for those Land Cruiser Prado's a knew I wanted one. Found out they did sell them in the US, just that they stealthfully disguised them as a Lexus GX and put a bunch of fancy upgrades on them! So the search was on when I returned back home to Hawaii and was lucky enough to find the perfect one for me.

First day home with the new to me GX and couldn't be happier!
image.jpeg

Had to test it out at the beach right down the street from my house.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I really like the black/dark grey wood grain trim of the sport. I don't really see my self using the navagation since my iPhone gets me where I need to go, but the ML sound system is great to me. The Bluetooth for the phone pairing and built in AUX ports are a nice touch as well.

And a round the rig photo tour on some light jungle trails up on the Northshore.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:cool: Nice photos. I recognize the HJ60 from past Craigslist adds. Came from Washington state, and had some issues with the transmission, yes? For sure that duct tape in the rain gutters has got to go. You should post up pics of its resto sometime.

Congratulations Jen!!!!! Beautiful truck for a Beautiful gal!!!!!

You now own more Landcruisers than I do, and I gotta say that Im a little jealous................. I'm sure I wont be the only one.......

Thanks for sharing those cool pics. I Like that jungle tree one!

I love your 80 and your 60 as well. Have a great weekend. ! :beer:

Congratulations! That is a nice looking GX. Did you swap out the rear emblems or was it the P.O? :cheers:

Congrats on the buy

:cool: Nice photos. I recognize the HJ60 from past Craigslist adds. Came from Washington state, and had some issues with the transmission, yes? For sure that duct tape in the rain gutters has got to go. You should post up pics of its resto sometime.
I am not sure it's the same one...however, the PO didn't know much about its history. We have owned it the past 6 months snd the PO only had it a couple of years. But trans is working good and that is primered paint sections on the roof, not duct tape. It is currently getting those rusty metal sections cut out, new metal welded in, and getting a new paint job this week.

Congratulations! That is a nice looking GX. Did you swap out the rear emblems or was it the P.O? :cheers:
Thanks! I swapped out those rear and front emblems.

Awesome! You got your GX for the same reason I got mine!

13734902_10153855834158123_7963377540845929864_o.jpg

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Also got the unanimous approval from my little ones who are liking all the extra cushy space.
image.jpeg

Great looking Cruiser and family.

My GX was also an anniversary present. Great night out with the GX and hubby to celebrate 11 years married. I think I really like the idea of giving and getting Land Cruisers as anniversary presents!!
image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom