My First Landcruiser Project Journal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Joe, Congratulations on the new job. Summer is always a good time to leave Vegas! From what I have seen you will likely be among lots of 60's when you get there. Sounds like you are going a different route than I did when I picked my 60 from the bend area. However I think it might share a lot of similar long lonely stretches of two lanes to nowhere. I would definitely take some extra resources with you if you can. Tools and belts, fluids for the truck and you!, a shade or awning and make sure you have a solid spare tire or two just in case. Good luck with the trip and the new job and be sure to let me know if there are any 60 parts you cant fit in the uhaul as I could probably find a good home for them :)

Joe,
I enjoyed the few runs that we did together. Good luck on the move and keep in touch.

Steve Syzdek
TLCA # 3829

image.jpeg

So the FJ made it all the way to Portland without issue! It got a little hairy during the first day driving up through Nevada, the temp started getting really high so I had to turn on the heat to cool her down. Was funny driving in 110 degrees with the heat going full blast!

Once we got up to cooler temperatures, things were fine and I had her humming along at a good 75-80 most of the way!

I love this truck and I can tell it's much happier being out of the extreme temperatures.

I've seen lots of Landcruisers since we made it up here and look forward to joining the local LC club and exploring the area and making new friends.

Thanks to all for your well wishes!

Gonna have to change your location Joe... And getting out of the LV nastiness will always be nice. Hate going down there for work even in the winter..

Nice work. My trip to vegas a couple years ago in old blue resulted in overheating and a new motor when I got home!!!!!!
The first one had only lasted 330k Such a lemon ;) Love these trucks and yours looks amazing!

image.jpeg
Stumbled onto the Willamette Blvd Service Center while exploring Portland. It's Landcruiser heaven!

They only wanted $160 to do a valve adjustment so I booked an appointment to have that done and to see if they can tweak my carb so I pass emissions up here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom