My experience with 12 hole injectors. Awesome! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Toyota engineers designed this engine to go 500k+, they obviously went conservative on the tune. Maybe some would trade some of that mileage on the back end for better performance now.

The ecu doesn't look at air fuel ratio as a trigger it looks at fuel trim. Yes it does matter it's "tuned" that way by toyota for a reason perhaps for long term reliability and longevity. But who cares right you know whats better for your engine than the toyota engineers.
This is such a classic bad attitude that you are exhibiting right here. This entire website is built around modifying our Toyota vehicles in every conceivable way. You just have a bad attitude. That's plainly obvious for everyone to see. This is especially entertaining to be written by forums member @roma042987, because he claimed to have worked in a "tuner shop." If that were true then he would have seen fuel injector swaps on vehicles 100 times a day. But it's not true or he's a liar or arguing in bad faith. Or maybe they just tuned carbureted cars there...

Toyota engineers designed this engine to go 500k+, they obviously went conservative on the tune. Maybe some would trade some of that mileage on the back end for better performance now.
;)

Never mind...not worth arguing with you. To each their own, I have no agenda to prove in this thread.

Enjoy your newfound power, report back if it holds together over time
No problem, I will. Just a reminder if you want to donate money to the dyno session please PM me.

This is such a classic bad attitude that you are exhibiting right here. This entire website is built around modifying our Toyota vehicles in every conceivable way. You just have a bad attitude. That's plainly obvious for everyone to see. This is especially entertaining to be written by forums member @roma042987, because he claimed to have worked in a "tuner shop." If that were true then he would have seen fuel injector swaps on vehicles 100 times a day. But it's not true or he's a liar or arguing in bad faith. Or maybe they just tuned carbureted cars there...

;)

No problem, I will. Just a reminder if you want to donate money to the dyno session please PM me.

I don’t have a bad attitude I’m just skeptical of these extravagant statements or claims which don’t really add up to someone who has a lot of experience in this sort of thing. I’m not here to prove anything so if you want to call me a liar when it comes to my experience with this stuff than go ahead. I’ve made tons of friends on mud all over this country and others and will not tarnish my image by being ugly on here. I’m not going to post anything more in this thread since my insight offends you.

is this jeep/vette/raptor forum? come on guys keep it together... :<)

is this jeep/vette/raptor forum? come on guys keep it together... :<)
No, there would be more incoherent rambling, crayon eating, and questions like "why do people their flash brights at me?"

Just ordered a set of 250CC’s without adapters from Keith at Dirty Deeds Industries. Great communication and really easy to deal with.

I'd definitely be in for a set if I see some hard data with decent results. I can't imagine that Denso would engineer BS parts, so there must be some benefit. Whether or not that benefit can be substantiated is the real question right now. I look forward to seeing the results.

I'd definitely be in for a set if I see some hard data with decent results. I can't imagine that Denso would engineer BS parts, so there must be some benefit. Whether or not that benefit can be substantiated is the real question right now. I look forward to seeing the results.
Denso didn't engineer "BS parts"

They engineer injectors to be the best they can with the latest technology.

Technology advances.

Hope this helps.

I'm in talks with Dirty Deeds now, hoping they'll sponsor some injectors for us to test with. Regardless of the outcome I'm just excited to get some data! I hope I'll be able to combine it with a few runs for my Supra, too, so it's a win-win!

Just came in this week. Along with with all new oem rotors and pads, an oem right rear speed sensor, and valve cover gaskets these will be going in this week.

Murckman, did you install injectors? How they working for you?
I did get them installed. Still kind of feeling them out. My truck was out of commission for about 4 weeks prior to getting them installed. I had a bunch of work done; front and rear oem rotors and pads, front calipers, valve cover gaskets, speed sensor, X2 27F battery, and the injectors.
I can’t say I really noticed anything considerable right away with the injectors. In fact I contacted Keith at Dirty Deeds to find out if what I installed were the right ones for my application (Unichip with catback exhaust) because I didn’t feel an immediate change. I was contemplating reinstalling my existing 4 hole injectors just so I could see if I felt a difference. He assured me the 250 cc ones were correct.
So now after about 3 weeks I’m still somewhat on the fence about it. Don’t get me wrong, the engine does run great with these injectors and throttle response on the low end feels better. On the higher end I felt my 4 holes made the truck pull better. There was no change at all in fuel economy.
Again, I hadn’t drove it for a month so it was hard for me to tell. I honestly don’t think there was any horsepower change (and no I’m not going to do a dyno) but it may have slightly changed the torque curve. The 4 hole ones that came out still looked really good and I did keep them. I figured after 17 years and 160k getting new ones wasn’t a bad idea. I may eventually swap them back just so I can see if I feel a difference between the two without a month downtime.

I keep old fuel injector in a jar filled with ATF to preserve. I'll have cleaned, tested and rebuild before reusing.

As they sit unused, on the shelf or even in the engine, they may dry out (leak down). They then may develop rust speck internal. I've found fuel injector get clogged, develop poor spray pattern also leak down rate increases pass spec allowed, when not used regularly with good fuel.

I'm sending a set out now, to FIS for servicing. They'll be tested, cleaned and rebuilt which is only way to know condition for sure before installing. Serviced one's, need installing and used within 30 days.

I keep old fuel injector in a jar filled with ATF to preserve. I'll have cleaned, tested and rebuild before reusing.

As they sit unused, on the shelf or even in the engine, they may dry out (leak down). They then may develop rust speck internal. I've found fuel injector get clogged, develop poor spray pattern also leak down rate increases pass spec allowed, when not used regularly with good fuel.

I'm sending a set out now, to FIS for servicing. They'll be tested, cleaned and rebuilt which is only way to know condition for sure before installing. Serviced one's, need installing and used within 30 days.
Thanks for the heads up. Putting mine in a jar of ATF tonight

Murckman, I would recommend you get an OBD monitor device of some sort and check out the air-fuel ratio when WOT. With the Unichip and exhaust it's possible you are going lean with the 250cc injectors.

A cheap bluetooth adapter like this and a smartphone app like Torque and you can read your AFRs: Konnwei bluetooth adapter

You want the AFR to be in the 12-12.7 range for best HP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom