Builds My DieseLV (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do you have any extra rear seat stops that hold the upright in place? Just checking...

Nice stash.
Like the ones pictured? I think i only have the one set but i may have more.. These seem to be one of those parts that lots of folks are missing. maybe a good candidate for a reproduction?

Yes, like the ones pictured. @scoobiedubes had a one off set reproduced but they were quite pricey.

If you happen to find another set please let me know. I only have about 4-5 years of rust repair on my LV and I will be ready for them.

Yes, like the ones pictured. @scoobiedubes had a one off set reproduced but they were quite pricey.

If you happen to find another set please let me know. I only have about 4-5 years of rust repair on my LV and I will be ready for them.
Yeah I couldn’t find anybody to make a one off set affordably so I paid through the nose. I bet there is interest in reproductions if you’re willing to make some though. If there’s one thing I have learned in the few years I’ve owned my LV it is that there is always demand for parts.

I also need some of the window cranks and the “washers” that go beneath them for my FJ28 build, if you have any ability to reproduce.

Yeah I couldn’t find anybody to make a one off set affordably so I paid through the nose. I bet there is interest in reproductions if you’re willing to make some though. If there’s one thing I have learned in the few years I’ve owned my LV it is that there is always demand for parts.

I also need some of the window cranks and the “washers” that go beneath them for my FJ28 build, if you have any ability to reproduce.
would your mind sharing what it cost for your reproduction parts?

As far as the crank parts we could have them done in plastic then plated, what do you think?

would your mind sharing what it cost for your reproduction parts?

As far as the crank parts we could have them done in plastic then plated, what do you think?
I think those seat brackets cost me like $700 for the set o_O but I was kind of desperate. Things are usually cheaper if you can make them in batches and sell off the spares at cost.

Would the cranks be strong enough if they were plastic? Would be concerned about how easily they might snap.

I think those seat brackets cost me like $700 for the set o_O but I was kind of desperate. Things are usually cheaper if you can make them in batches and sell off the spares at cost.

Would the cranks be strong enough if they were plastic? Would be concerned about how easily they might snap.
I would want to make the crank arms and door handles from metal but the trim that goes between the door panel and the handle/crank could be plastic.

I would want to make the crank arms and door handles from metal but the trim that goes between the door panel and the handle/crank could be plastic.
agree, and the little knob on the end of the window crank (that "bisque" colored piece) could be plastic too. Although I haven't seen an original personally to see how they attach, assume there's a screw on the backside that attaches the knob to the arm?

I'd be in for probably 3 sets (12 total) if you can get them made reasonably, I bet you would have a lot of other takers too!

agree, and the little knob on the end of the window crank (that "bisque" colored piece) could be plastic too. Although I haven't seen an original personally to see how they attach, assume there's a screw on the backside that attaches the knob to the arm?

I'd be in for probably 3 sets (12 total) if you can get them made reasonably, I bet you would have a lot of other takers too!
the knobs are attached via a rivet, in a repro i would plan to use a resin for the knob with a threaded insert and a flat head to hold it to the crank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom