Builds My build thread - Rapido XL..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E,
Look into the spc upper arms. They're not as sexy as the icons but the adjustable ball joint location allows you to push the wheels forward. I have tons of room with 35s.
If mscruiser was going to Breck I'd ask to test fit a 37 just to see....
I think they would clear.

So bummed we won't see you at moab/Breck this year.
Truck looks amazing with the slee bumper.

Last edited:
E,
Look into the spc upper arms. They're not as sexy as the icons but the adjustable ball joint location allows you to push the wheels forward. I have tons of room with 35s.
If mscruiser was going to Breck of ask to test fit a 37 just to see....
I think they would clear.

So bummed we won't see you at moab/Breck this year.
Truck looks amazing with the slee bumper.

MSCruiser did a full body lift with his 37's...

He didn't have tundra arms....
I wouldn't run 37s, to many other issues to deal with. Uptravel limits, gearing, tire weight...
Even going to 35s was more for cosmetics. 34s seem to be the perfect size for these trucks.

The adventurous side of me just wants to see 37s SQUEEEEEZED into the wheel wells.

Cleaned up the rest of the rig and decided to cut out a bit more fender liner & pull the lower removable bumper panels on the Dobinson to allow for more room.... was surprised at how badly they've rusted and cheap the hardware was..... that said the actual bumper is still in great shape. I cut it at the seam so it's fairly rigid what's left and will debate putting some 3m rubberizer spray-on in there....

I also used some Taco Marine padded tape to line the inside of the rear basket - both around the top and bottom of the inner lip - and across the bottom - think ultimately I'll do a piece of starboard in there.... the can are nice and snug one that's done ( did a few strips between them as well) and changed them out ot test fit the Mini-cooler for a bit....

iphone 7.23.17 027.JPG
iphone 7.23.17 038.JPG
iphone 7.23.17 033.JPG
iphone 7.23.17 034.JPG
iphone 7.23.17 036.JPG

ordered up some Tan Escape Gear rear seat covers from Equipt - I can tell that with the extra rear hardware the wife is going to want to use the back seat more for shorter trips with the dog..... and ordered up an awning, anyone with a Prinsu rack that can share how well the Prinsu mounts for the awnings work ?
I have a set of their mounts in the garage but have yet to see anyone else running them.

E

Last edited:
ordered up some Tan Escape Gear rear seat covers from Equipt - I can tell that with the extra rear hardware the wife is going to want to use the back seat more for shorter trips with the dog..... and ordered up an awning, anyone with a Prinsu rack that can share how well the Prinsu mounts for the awnings work ?
I have a set of their mounts in the garage but have yet to see anyone else running them.

E
I didn't like how big the mounts were from prinsu so just got the ARB mounts. Hardware from 80/20. The pictures made me think it would get in the way of other attachments or rtt. I could be wrong though.

Think our paths just crossed a little while ago. Man, that Cruiser looks even better in person! You've done an awesome job with it!

You hitting the LSLC meet up this evening? I'm sure a lot of folks there would love to get a look at your rig!

I'm back in H-Town now - but up in dallas almost every week. Up for beers ?

Beers? Did someone say beers? Where??? Ha!

Any time man. I'll send my contact details via PM.

Sounds strong

from the front..... after snapping 2 straps it was a bit un-nerving wondering if it'd go thru the wall........ Kudo's again to EC for fitting her in...

Will have the sheets in the am. but I'd like to use them to jsutify the Sc'er - the numbers are solid given the conditions. When they did my E63 their numbers were 8% lower then when I had it dyno'ed on FL on the same setup.

new sneakers go on tomorrow.... hence the rush to get her finally on the dyno..... 37's and another inch plus of lift wouldn't fit !

E

37's are on......... it's snug in the front so ordered up the SPC arms to get the wheel forward a bit- and will dial up the coilovers and trim .......

pics once they get her off the lift. for sure 11.50's are the widest that will fit with the tundra rims and allowing full travel, even so I'm ordering some larger limiters front and rear to be safe.

PICS, man, PICS!!!!

the energy suspension bumpstops kept the 35's from touching anything in Moab. will be interesting to see what the mounted diameter is on the 37s.

numbers uncorrected aren't stellar - but hard to know the gains for the headers and exhaust in total without a baseline which Kooks didn't get. Not sure what the driveline loss would be - but I'd assume at least 35-40% ? Thoughts from those with more experience ?

Land Cruiser uncorrected Dyno.jpg

yes - 37's will require some extra work for complete travel, and compression.....

but already have 500 + miles on them today and am very impressed ..... had to cut a bit more flare and liner and can see that the fronts will need to be both moved up via coilovers, and SPC arms ( ordered from Ben @slee today) ... and I'm going to both roll the front fenders and go with 18mm spacers in the front..... need to figure out the longer studs issue - recall that was a problem. I'll use a set of OME 10mm spacers for the rear, have 30mm if that's needed..... also ordered a diff drop to be safe, given that I'll be about 3 1/2 " of lift I suspect.

but net - very happy and it looks "proper" in proportion......the Nitto TG's are much smoother then expected but do get a bit floaty over 90.... think finding the right pressure is going to be key.... I'm trying 42 front 38 in the rear - with the Icons set to 9 in the nose and 6 in the rear.

hoping to get back home tomorrow to mess with it a bit before I'm out for a week - good thing is all the parts will be waiting when I get back.

low grade pics
Iphone 8.15.17 028.JPG
Iphone 8.15.17 030.JPG
Iphone 8.15.17 031.JPG
Iphone 8.15.17 034.JPG
pics.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom